Honored Contributor

Re: There's an iOS update coming tomorrow!!

@HULAGIRL wrote:

No problems for me downloading iOS11.......didn't take long at all!!

I ended up going ahead and downloading it.  I started about 20 minutes ago, and it's still downloading.  Is that because I have an iPhone 5S, or is it just a big update?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Just finished updating one iPad and it’s downloadijg on my phone now. Then I’ll do our other iPad. And then...I’ll do whatever updates are on the Mac. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Mine’s done! 

UPDATE- I LOVE IT!

Honored Contributor

just logged in to see if anyone has downloaded and updated,  I usually wait a day

waiting for watch to get a notice of new iOS  has anyone,

there is a bunch of new stuff for the watch that looks good

Honored Contributor

Okay, so I have an iPad Air and updated the new software. You know how under Bookmarks there are your Favorites (which I have all of them) and also a History Bookmark so you can delete your browsing history? Since I updated the History option under Bookmarks has disappeared. I tried doing a hard reset, it didn't help. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a new way of deleting your browsing history?

Honored Contributor

I'm going to assume that you mean inside the safari app and not in settings/safari which is where I always clear history

History is in your web browser so that you can find pages you looked at before. 

My ipad is too old for the update but history is still there on my iphone using IOS 11, it looks like a clock face, it's on the right side when you open bookmarks. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm going to assume that you mean inside the safari app and not in settings/safari which is where I always clear history

History is in your web browser so that you can find pages you looked at before. 

My ipad is too old for the update but history is still there on my iphone using IOS 11, it looks like a clock face, it's on the right side when you open bookmarks. 

@jaxs mom, yes I do mean in the app. The history option had always been there, I always liked clearing it daily. 

Honored Contributor

You can clear history by going into settings/safari and scroll down to where it says "clear history and website data"

Honored Contributor

The only thing I hate so far is the Do Not Disturb while driving. First off it didn't turn itself off once I arrived at my destination and I was wondering why I wasn't getting my text replied to. Oh wait, I was but it was silenced. 

Even though I've completely turned the feature off on my phone it still tries to prompt me to use it. Get over yourself. i don't text and drive, but I have family situation where I need to know if a health emergency is happening ASAP. Give me my darned notifications. 

Respected Contributor

i love it. you can now  record  your screen on the ipad