Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The other shopping network's special of the day for August 9th

I was just on the website of the other shopping network. The special of the day is a Nikon D3200. That is not the most recent model. The most recent is the Nikon D3300. The same camera ann lenses being sold as the special of the day can be purchased from Amazon for less money with no shipping and handling charge.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The other shopping network's special of the day for August 9th

I watch camera presentations, probably little else. And then I also check on Amazon. You are correct. It is getting LOTS OF FUN trying to sort out details such as network setting NOT THE LATEST MODEL.

I do need a new camera because I am often asked to take pictures for events and I seem to manage to mangle my small collection (drops, spills, you name it.) I am always camera ready but with all the new stuff out there even with my experience I can no longer tell them apart. So many so fast.

Respected Contributor

My Fuji FinePix S4080 14 megapixel camera takes much better pictures than any of these and it is two years old. None of the photos they showed were very sharp and clear. I think this one is oversell. Usually they are better with other cameras they show. Just my own opinion.
Esteemed Contributor

I own a Canon PowerShot A2500 with 16 megapixels (it replaced a much older Canon .. I don't remember the model). It takes decent photos. I also purchased the Nikon D3300 back in April with 24 megapixels. IMHO, the Nikon takes much better photos.