Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Ideal Size For A Laptop

@Jordan2 I don't have a desktop, just a laptop, and I happily used a 17" until I had to take it somewhere.  If you take it with you, !5 is best because the screen is decent size screen and truly portable.  My 15 mac book pro was faltering after many years of good service (overheating, keyboard after 7 years), and I bought an 11 mac book air a couple of years ago, which I thought would be a good complement to the still alive 15 because it is more portable.  The 11 works fine, but sometimes it's hard to see.  So I think 15 is best laptop, 11 most portable.  I didn't try the 13 because I thought the 15 was as small as I wanted to go and the 11 is just good for portability.  At work I have 2 24 monitors and they are great, but not too carry!  Work gave us 15s as well, which we use in the office with our big monitors.

Esteemed Contributor

You have to buy a laptop that works for you. I have a 17" game laptop. The keyboard is back-lit and can change colors. Red is a great color in low light. This device weights 9 pounds, and is considered a desktop replacement.

I started with a desktop computer years ago and still use them. 

My mobile device of choice is an 8" Samsung  tablet with a SwiftKey custom red keyboard. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 17” laptop and hated it.  Next laptop I bought was 13”.  Perfect!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I like the 13".

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have  had all sizes of Chrome books and windows devices and I got to say my favorite is the 14 inch I am using now. [HP Chrome book}

Honored Contributor

I would say a 14" would be the perfect size for me. But right now I'm using a 11.6" CB and that's fine for what I need it for. For me anything larger than 14" would be too big and heavy.

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely agree that 15" is the ideal size for me.  For the short distance away that I sit 17" would be too large and in my face.  Fifteen is within my straight forward field of vision.  In other words my eyes do not have to scan to the left or right as would be the case with seventeen.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The 17" usually has a key pad on the right side of the keyboard. 

I prefer the smaller one but used a 17" because I needed the keypad.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

The 17" usually has a key pad on the right side of the keyboard. 

I prefer the smaller one but used a 17" because I needed the keypad.

@Zhills 

i have a 15 inch laptop by HP that has the keypad on the right hand side.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for that information.  I could have used that one!