Respected Contributor

I have a Samsung Tracfone and wondered how to take close up pics and videos?  Obviously I am

not very tech savvvy!

Super Contributor

Re: Taking pics with Samsung

I don't speak "tech" but I do have a Samsung Tracfone so I will try and explain how I do it. With my thumb and index finger together I place them in the center of my phone and while holding the phone on the image I drag my fingers apart until I get it as close as I want it. Sometimes the image on the phone will look a little fuzzy, but once the picture is taken it clears up. Please don't anybody laugh at me for the way I explained this. I was born in the 50s and remember party lines.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I have a Samsung Tracfone and wondered how to take close up pics and videos?  Obviously I am

not very tech savvvy!

I am not tech savvy either, but I do have a Samsung tracfone.  I do take pictures and videos of the grandkids.  Assuming your phone is similar to mine this is how I navigate.

After you open the home screen, swipe right to unlock the next screen.  There is an Apps icon in the lower right corner.  Tap...the next screen should have a bunch of different icons.  Look for camera.  Press icon.  You are now ready to take a picture ...press the white and black button in the middle of the bottom and it will be saved to your gallery icon.  If you want to take a video, press the red button on the bottom left. To stop the video, just press the little reverse arrow next to your home button.  Pictures and video will be saved to your gallery icon. 

Hope this helps.  One other little pointer....when you are ready to take a picture....tap the center of the screen once to get a clear focus.  

Honored Contributor

The phone does not come w/a user manual?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Hi there @Veridoc 

I am tech savvy, but I prefer using an actual camera for taking pictures that are worth saving. Don't need much savvy to push the button that says "zoom", much easier and better pix than my 5mp Tracfone, which is rarely turned to ON. 

You youngster you! I was already a teenager when you were born. "Party lines" you say? You ever go to the front of a car and turn the crank to get the engine to "fire up"?  

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

I have owned at least 10 Tracfones, several different brands. Every single one of them came with an owners manual. Will say, unless one is at least "kinda tech savvy"?  Some are written with words I highly doubt even those working for that company can interpret.

Just sayin!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

THanks!  Will try that trick!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut @Mz iMac 

I am a person that also would like to be shown" how" to use/work

something...  it depends...  on what it is.   Most of the time it[s   much easier for me   to be shown  then reading sometimes how to do it...

This just how i am.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@hckynut 

I am a person that also would like to be shown" how" to use/work

something...  it depends...  on what it is.   Most of the time it[s   much easier for me   to be shown  then reading sometimes how to do it...

This just how i am.

@cowboy sam 

Me too, and I  think most people learn easier when shown, as opposed to reading. Unfortunately, what I to learn most of my electronic and computer knowledge, was both. I would read learning 1 thing at a time until I felt I could move on to step #2. I pretty much learned in on my own, with owners manuals and learning slowly, 1 step at a time.

Very seldom enough people to go around to " show" how things are done, unless one pays to take classes, or something similar. Can't begin to tell you how many VHS/VCR's I set up in their day.

Took me maybe 30 minutes to set them up, and hours/days showing them how to use it. That was the long drawn out part. Then setting up home theaters! Ho boy, especially those with multiples in peripherals. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

You can find a user manual online at Tracfone customer support. All you need is the name and model number of the phone.