Super Contributor

Re: Tablet question for a senior

Yes a computer "GEEK" on here is a definite asset IF they are willing to share their knowledge with you..

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I ordered the Fire.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you everyone!!

She'll love the Fire. It's a nice tablet. Check out the reviews on YouTube, CNet and other sites and you'll see you made a good choice.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't get rid of my Amazon Fire fast enough. It's not REALLY an Android tablet, you can't download apps from Google Play Store.

I went with a Samsung Tab A and I'm extremely happy.

Honored Contributor

One of the nice things wth the Fires is they're built to be pretty much indestructible. There's a YouTube video of a guy trying to break an 8" Fire by throwing it onto a wooden floor. He threw it down with such force that he ended up denting the floor, but didn't break the Fire. Older people are often afraid of breaking things and they're very unlikely to break a Fire.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@theBabe wrote:

I couldn't get rid of my Amazon Fire fast enough. It's not REALLY an Android tablet, you can't download apps from Google Play Store.

I also got rid of the fires... I  got a Samsung tablet and I am a happy camper too. The fires are a marketplace for Amazon Prime membership. 

Esteemed Contributor

@theBabe wrote:

I have a Samsung S2. It is similar in quality to an iPad mini.