Respected Contributor

Re: TV brand with best customer service?

[ Edited ]

I suggest that you Google the following:

l.  The best  _______ inch TV by Samsung

2.  The best _______ inch TV by LG

Then I would go to Amazon and Google the same things.  Amazon's reviews have been very helpful to me in the past.

Honestly, the "customer service" would not be important to me.

IHTH

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I'm not really sure Customer Service is the deal breaker here.  Electronics are not made to last.  Warranties are pretty minimal.

I think you need to look at electronics as disposable and get the best reviewed  one you can afford for how long it lasts.

@VaBelle35

I disagree!  TV sets I do not look at as "disposable", which is kinda what @ Montana was wanting to know when asking about customer service. Sure, like many other electronic components, new versions come out one after another. If one wants "the latest" at the time, I guess that might fit somehow into your "disposable" category.

Printers/scanners and the like to me are in the "disposable" category, sometimes even computers if one wants to make sure some software will work on their versions. 

TV sets/Audio Receivers/Speakers/DVD/Bluray/CD Players, also do not fall into my category of being "disposable" components. The VCR decades became disposable when the prices dropped from the 1st VHS VCR's $1000 prices down to some under $100, but I have speakers/receivers and a TV set that I have had for many years, receiver from the 1970's that is a true descrete 4-channel Quadrophonic unit. Every feature on it still working just fine.

Guess we all may have different views on what meets "disposable" standards for them, but for me new model TV sets do not fall into my standards, but a companies Customer Service sure is a factor to me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I suggest that you Google the following:

l.  The best  _______ inch TV by Samsung

2.  The best _______ inch TV by LG

Then I would go to Amazon and Google the same things.  Amazon's reviews have been very helpful to me in the past.

Honestly, the "customer service" would not be important to me.

IHTH

@Big Sister,

All excellent points to check them in this way. To me Customer Service is a factor in every electronic component I purchase, no matter the brand name on each component. See them just like I do my motor vehicles when I purchase them. The dealers Customer Service is right up my priority list next to the purchase price.

I know, and have known many mechanics that have worked for many dealerships over many decades. From them I know that some of them, because of factory warranties, purposely let vehicles leave the shop, all the time knowing they will soon be back. Why? They get paid X amount of $$$ for specific jobs, so they leave things "not quite fixed", knowing that vehicle will be back. Thus the can fix it in minutes, be paid the same as if it took them over an hour, thus move on to fix another vehicle, and make more money. Yes, these unfortunately are facts, even among Blue Collar workers.

More than you wanted to know, but you can file it away when Customer Service comes to mind. Hey, I ramble on, but many times things might be worth reading, no? Plus I have been a "Frugal" person since my early teenage years, regardless of the cost of my purchase, it all applies for me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't know, we only buy Sharp. (TV's)

Esteemed Contributor

Our 50 inch Toshiba just bit the dust after less than 3 years. We bought a Visio 50 inch last week hope it lasts longer.  Don't like buying TV's so frequently. The Visio in our bedroom is probably about 6 years old,that's why we bought another one.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth