Respected Contributor

TV brand with best customer service?

I need a new tv and wow, things  have really changed since I last bought one.  Ratings are mixed on almost every model I research - both performance and response to problems.

I would like to buy a brand with a good customer service record.

Respected Contributor

Re: TV brand with best customer service?

Around here (NE Ohio), Samsung is the most popular brand, followed by LG.  I have a 50' Toshiba that is just fine for me.  I would just go to a store like HH Gregg or Best Buy because they have all the TV's lined up along the wall.  That makes it easier to pick the right size, features and price.  At this stage of the game, you should pick a UHD set for the clearest picture.  If you want an internet connection, then make sure it's a smart TV.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I suggest reseaching independent review sites and reading customer reviews.  I look for a long time before making up my mind on a new appliance and my current TV was no exception.   I am old school and my first thought is that why would I need customer service....the appliance should be reliable.  My last TV was 30+ years old.  I know times have changed but I keep fighing it...LOL!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I need a new tv and wow, things  have really changed since I last bought one.  Ratings are mixed on almost every model I research - both performance and response to problems.

I would like to buy a brand with a good customer service record.

I'm not sure there's a really good answer for you. A lot depends on where you live and the quality of the techs in the area. Customer service can vary wildly on the same brand from region to region.

The good news is that modern HDTV's tend to be pretty much bullet-proof. If if works out of the box, you'll likely get years of good service from it with no intervention needed. (Assuming you plug it into a good surge protector.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I think LG and Samsung TV's have the best reputations, just look at the reviews on Best Buy and other sites.  I don't know about their Customer Service but chances are that you'll never need to contact them.  Further, if you do (need to contact them), it's easy to do so via their websites.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always get some pretty good ideas from CNET dot com. They have tech and customer reviews there along with price ranges and places to buy them for the best cost.

For me spending a lot of money on today's electronics seems foolish. They will be outdated yesterday.Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I have had good experience with, Sony TV. You, may want to check Amazon for reviews. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I have had good experience with, Sony TV. You, may want to check Amazon for reviews. 

Yes, my sister has a Sony in her kitchen (only about a 32" I think), but every time I go over there I comment to her on how clear the picture is on that thing, and it was pretty cheap.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I have read many, many reviews.  I only consider ones by professional reviewers and customers. And I give more weight to customers’ comments. I only look at a manufacturer’s information for specs.

In my reading, It seems there is often a problem with customer service if sets don’t work right out of the box, or things go south, even if within the warranty period.

So, has anyone had a problem with a new tv, and had satisfactory, warranty service from that manufacturer?

Respected Contributor

@2blonde, wrote:

Yes, my sister has a Sony in her kitchen (only about a 32" I think), but every time I go over there I comment to her on how clear the picture is on that thing, and it was pretty cheap.

@2blondeI need a smaller tv and this sounds good. Would you mind asking your sister for the model number?