Respected Contributor

Wasn't aware.  Thanks.  I'll be on the lookout.

Respected Contributor

@Sandy W wrote:

Monday morning 10am Apple will announce their new and updated products. That's probably why Qvc had all those Apple Airs on to get rid of them for Apple. 

Smart business move for Apple and QVC.  Bad move for the uninformed consumer.  Apple computers last long enough, buying an older model at a good price is really a good deal for those who don't have to have the latest model.  The key word is GOOD price.  That's not what happened here. 

Esteemed Contributor

I always buy from the apple store. In the long run even with the money you have to pay its worth it. I do not understand why people would buy the older models with the older technology. Easy pay or not its not worth it.Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

I am guessing  when you update it it would install the current operating system

Respected Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I am guessing  when you update it it would install the current operating system

Yes.  Both of my Apple computers have the latest operating system and they are 2013 (iMac) and 2014 (MacBook Pro) models.  Your Apple computer will eventually become too old for updates (my iPad 3 is an good example) but, it takes a while for that to happen.  I wouldn't buy an older model of any device no matter how good the price is.  Electronics become obsolete fast enough without starting out with an old model. 

Honored Contributor

@Sandy W wrote:

Monday morning 10am Apple will announce their new and updated products. That's probably why Qvc had all those Apple Airs on to get rid of them for Apple. 

@Sandy W

Thanks!

I plan to purchase my first MacBook soon, probably in late July, so this is good timing for me. I'll be buying mine from Apple.