Respected Contributor

I checked out the video on HSN HP Laptop bundle TSV Presale. To be fair it is a nice deal for a starter computer for a teenager or an older person starting out with their first computer. Just not for what I want or need. Nice for a grandchild also without breaking the bank. I will watch though. Smiley Happy

It had said if we wanted to send it back and get a different color they would do an exchange on our HP TSV but you can't because it isn't available. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I checked out the video on HSN HP Laptop bundle TSV Presale. To be fair it is a nice deal for a starter computer for a teenager or an older person starting out with their first computer. Just not for what I want or need. Nice for a grandchild also without breaking the bank. I will watch though. Smiley Happy

It had said if we wanted to send it back and get a different color they would do an exchange on our HP TSV but you can't because it isn't available. 

@MKR14....okay for starting out...but we got our "big girl panties on" and need the special, lol.  I'm excited about the lighted keyboard.  

You should keep your gold computer, because that was beautiful and my second choice next to the rose gold I purchased.  I think we got a great deal.

Respected Contributor

Please go to Today's Special Value Forum for a detailed review 

on the newest TSV HP 15" computer. I was very detailed as I am very pleased. 

New Contributor

Just got my new HP today...  There is a slight separation between the keyboard and the bottom of the computer.... if you step back you can see the inside... I called QVC and they said my only option is to return for a full refund... no exchange as they are sold out.  Call HP and they said essentially the same.  Any ideas or other options I can try?  I don't want to lose the good deal.  I did set it up and no issues?  Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Please go to Today's Special Value Forum for a detailed review 

on the newest TSV HP 15" computer. I was very detailed as I am very pleased. 

@MKR14....YAY.  I just posted over on your TSV thread about your new computer.  I am so glad you like it.  Loved the detail post on the other thread.  Very, very informative.

Esteemed Contributor

@caitsmom wrote:

Just got my new HP today...  There is a slight separation between the keyboard and the bottom of the computer.... if you step back you can see the inside... I called QVC and they said my only option is to return for a full refund... no exchange as they are sold out.  Call HP and they said essentially the same.  Any ideas or other options I can try?  I don't want to lose the good deal.  I did set it up and no issues?  Thank you.

@caitsmom....I don't know what to tell you to do other than send it back for a full refund.  I surely would not want a computer that was separated from it's keyboard and where you can see the inside.  It was a great deal.  The only other thing I can think of is take it to Best Buy perhaps and get one of the techs opinion of possibly fixing it or thoughts on returning it.  Good luck and sorry that you received it that way.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV HP Laptop Shipped

[ Edited ]

@caitsmom Recently my husband fixed my old laptop as he had to take the back off and clean the fan. He put it back together and I noticed exactly what you are talking about. There was a clip he just pushed down on and voila it was fixed. I noticed it right away when he gave it back to me. I don't know if maybe a clip is the problem you have but it was an easy fix. Also the fan runs normally now on my old computer and doesn't run hot so I still use it as well as my new HP until I put all my things over to it. Good luck. Please post back and let us know how you make out.

@shell garden  (or anyone that plans on not using the Trail Office that is on our new computers). Please delete the Microsoft Trial "first" IF you are installing another version of the Microsoft Office on your new computer. I was downloading my photos for iCloud and it had a notification that "it couldn't run as there were 2 versions of Microsoft Office installed" ?  I never set up the Trial but it was there. Then I went into Microsoft Office 365 under Programs in the Control Panel ( Type Control Panel in Cortana and it will come up. Open and go to Programs) and then "right click"on Microsoft 365- and uninstall it. Restart the computer when done. I use a mouse most of the time so it is a right click but I am sure the touchpad

I checked after I uninstalled the Office Trial 365 and could run all my Microsoft Office "except my Outlook" for my mail and that is what I need it for. The version I installed was 2007 Pro.

Then I went into OFFICE 2007 under Programs in the Control Panel ( Type Control Panel in Cortana and it will come up. Open and go to Programs) to repair it.

IF you had already put another version on before you took Microsoft 365 off you need to go in and repair the version you have on IF it causes you any problems with the Programs. When the uninstall comes up choose the one (under uninstall) and choose CHANGE instead. Click on Repair and then OK. Let it run until it stops. Go out of the Control Panel and try your version of Office again. If this doesn't repair it you will have to reinstall it. I was so glad not to have to reinstall mine. 

I found the repair answer on the Microsoft site online.

I don't use the tiles and deleted them as they are under the

Start Menu anyways. I did "right click on the Control Panel" and clicked on Add to Start. It added it to the right of the Start Menu. I had a problem finding the Control Menu so now I can find it easily.