Honored Contributor

Re: TS 12/17 - Bose Wave Music System IV for $299.95

You're right @Nuttmeg. There isn't much out there that is similar to what Bose offers. Other than going for the full home theater system, I think choices are very limited to small inexpensive systems that usually don't offer much in the way of good sound. Seems to be a big gap in this area of home entertainment.

Honored Contributor

I purchased the first Wave radio that came out in the 90's.  Never had one problem with it and it still sounds exceptional.  However, I treated myself to the new one  because of the price, the CD Player built in and the controls are not on the top (my cat will jump on my current Wave and turn the radio on full blast) and I finally had to leave it unplugged.  FYI  Bose. com also is selling the same radio for the same price.  I purchased mine from HSN but afterwards decided to check Bose.com out and that's how I found out.   Back in the 90's I paid $399 and now it is $499 so it is a great deal.  Cat Very Happy 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Received it today, really was express shipping.

I love how it sounds. I did have a problem with the power cord being very loose, called Bose and ugh the customer service. Not to mention the cord is out of stock, supposedly they will send me one in...2 or 3 WEEKS. I just switched it out with one I already had and that fits better. I probably should have just bought it right from Bose, there was this long silent pause when I told her I bought it from HSN and not a Bose store.

Not too confident in Bose now but I do love the radio.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Received it today, really was express shipping.

I love how it sounds. I did have a problem with the power cord being very loose, called Bose and ugh the customer service. Not to mention the cord is out of stock, supposedly they will send me one in...2 or 3 WEEKS. I just switched it out with one I already had and that fits better. I probably should have just bought it right from Bose, there was this long silent pause when I told her I bought it from HSN and not a Bose store.

Not too confident in Bose now but I do love the radio.

I don't know why it should matter.  Bose gets their money.  What they lose per unit selling it through HSN, they make up for in volume.  This does bring up an importent detail.  If you aren't in the habit of registering your devices with the manufacturer, start now.  Your device won't be covered under the manufacturer's warranty if they don't have a record of when and where it was purchased. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glb613 I don't know why it should matter to them either. Thanks for the reminder about registering, I will do that.

I also asked the woman in Bose CS if that was just a universal cord that you can buy in an electronics store, or Amazon, etc and she basically pretended she didn't hear that question and started her spiel like she was reading from a script. I don't think they want you to know that it is that kind of power cord because they normally charge for it. I can only imagine what the price is.

I also hooked up the Bluetooth adapter I got from HSN and it works well.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Contributor

....My review of the Bose Wave SoundTouch Music System IV with  Bluetooth and Wi-Fi,Not what you expect!

"So if you never had a good stereo from the 70's you will love this radio! Me, NOT! Overpriced for a clock radio and not good enough to be called a stereo! It does not pick up every internet station out there and only a short list from Vtuner! If they had the Tunein app available than that might be a game changer! Almost all of the stations I listen to were/are not available! Sound quality is ok but the lack of treble and bass and external speakers can be found in a $200 system! I connected my Echo Dot to it and it works fine and makes it do everything I need except for the sound quality! Another thing, Why the CD player???? All 400 of my cd's are stored in the cloud and are playable through Itunes, Spotify or Amazon Prime so who needs a CD player? So if you want a simple radio and ya got the bucks than go for it, but if you are one of those who listens to every high and low note then look elsewhere"....On another note if you want to use Bluetooth and your cell phone look at the Aiwa Exos 9 Portable Bluetooth Speaker for $299.00... One of the best sounding speakers out there today! Google it and read the reviews