Respected Contributor

Be careful.  The Apple website has Versions 2 & 3 of the iPad Mini.  The QVC description doesn't tell you which version they're selling.  If it is the Version 1, those are available on the Apple website at the "Refurbished Store" for just over $200.

Respected Contributor

QVC's prices for Apple products are always inflated.  I saw during the presentation an ad for Apple TV plus HDMI cable for $109.  You can buy Apple TV for $69 and an HDMI cable for $20.  Buyer beware. 

Contributor

Several reviewers on this item state that they called Apple about an issue they were having and were told their ipad had been modified by the vendor in a way that voided any Apple warranty. That alone would be a dealbreaker for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: TODAY'S iPAD MINI

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

Be careful.  The Apple website has Versions 2 & 3 of the iPad Mini.  The QVC description doesn't tell you which version they're selling.  If it is the Version 1, those are available on the Apple website at the "Refurbished Store" for just over $200.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/06/19/original-ipad-mini-pulled-from-apple-stores/

Occasional Contributor

Yeah, it's gen 1. It is the first item under FAQ. You have to scroll down and dig deep!Smiley Frustrated

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor
I heard that Apple is stopping selling the IPad mini first generation and will now only sell the ones with the retina display. This is the first generation IPad mini. I guess they have to unload them somewhere. I hope those thinking of buying look before they spend their hard earned money on yesterday's technology.
Super Contributor

The one they are selling today is the FIRST (original) version iPad model mini. You can tell bcause on the list of specs in the description it says it has the Apple A5 chip processor. This iPad mini was released in 2012. Apple's current version is iPad mini 3, which not only is faster because of the A8 chip processor, but also has a better screen with retina display. This first version being offered here today isnt a retina display. 

Also, its been announced this week that Apple has now discontinued the FIRST version iPad Mini. http://www.macworld.com/article/2937230/the-original-ipad-mini-is-gone-but-this-non-retina-model-was...

However, although Apple is no longer offering this model, it is still supported, and expected to be able to accept the new opertating system iOS9 that will be available for download in Sept. But in my opinion, I would think that iOS9 would be the last operating system update it will be compatiable with, and because the A5 chip is so old, I foresee that the iOS9 upgrade will have a chance of causing problems with the way the iPad functions. 

In reading the article above, you will see that you can buy an iPad mini 2, directly from Apple or another retailer, for $299...and it wont come with all the cheap junk accessories that this offer is jaking up the price to include. 

Buyer BEWARE!!

Honored Contributor

see my link above

unfortunately I think those most in need of this info may not read here

Honored Contributor

glb613 wrote:

QVC's prices for Apple products are always inflated.  I saw during the presentation an ad for Apple TV plus HDMI cable for $109.  You can buy Apple TV for $69 and an HDMI cable for $20.  Buyer beware. 

You can even get really great quality HDMI cables at Amazon for a lot less than that. 

I've been purchasing the Amazon branded ones that run from about $5 to $7 or so.  They have lengths from 3' (my favorite - no extra cable to get all tangled up) to really long (like 9-15' or maybe more, I'm not sure).

Anyway, the moral of the story is, as G already stated, QVC's prices on these items are way inflated.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

You can even get really great quality HDMI cables at Amazon for a lot less than that. 

I've been purchasing the Amazon branded ones that run from about $5 to $7 or so.  They have lengths from 3' (my favorite - no extra cable to get all tangled up) to really long (like 9-15' or maybe more, I'm not sure).

Anyway, the moral of the story is, as G already stated, QVC's prices on these items are way inflated.

Most of my HDMI cables come from Monoprice . This company has been selling cables and devices for a long time. I have found good prices on transfer, ethernet, and audio cables. They have a tech chat for any questions. Monoprice has a store on Amazon.