Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions please to conceal cable wires on wall.

@Mombo1 wrote:

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Queen of shop : Thank you for taking the time to respond. I just wanted something to make the wall look a little better. Something easy to install without damaging the wall. 

@SouthernBee    I have the plastic cord covers too.  I didn't want to use nails or screws to secure the plastic.  So...I use Scotch mounting putty underneath the edges of the cord cover to help adhere it to the wall and it works great.  No damage to the walls and easy to remove.  

@Mombo1 : Thank you . This sounds good. I always appreciate and prefer help from anyone that has tried and true experience with a product.

Esteemed Contributor

Had several home theaters with multiple peripheral devices with all of them. Also set up many for family/friends and others. Only time I  had cables running down a wall was when I installed a Projector home Theater in my basement. That was because I originally ceiling mounted my projector. Those cables were obstructed by several framed picture on my NY Rangers hockey players.

I have never and will never wall mount any TV set unless it is still at eye level when viewing. Unless engineering has changed drastically by a company, TV sets are made to be watched at eye level, not 4-5-6 feet above eye level. 

Placed on a floor TV stand, bought or custom made cabinetry, there are no cables running down walls. My main theater system now consists of a 65" TV set/2 DVD players/1 Dish Hopper III/Receiver/5 speaker 1 subwoofer audio Dolby 5.1 Surrround System. No cables running down any of the walls. All speakers are Stand Mounted, subwoofers sit on the floor.

Last 2 homes had fireplaces and not once did I consider mounting a big screen TV above it. Neither lacked floor space, and if they did! My choice of TV set size would be reduced to suit the aesthetics and floor space of the room.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I imagine any damage to the wall would be minor and no big deal to repair.  Certainly screw hold are fixed easily enough with toothpaste.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would rather put a screw in the wall than use sticky stuff b/c getting that sticky stuff off of a wall can create more damage than a simple small screw hole which can be easily filled with spackle.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would rather put a screw in the wall than use sticky stuff b/c getting that sticky stuff off of a wall can create more damage than a simple small screw hole which can be easily filled with spackle.

@SilleeMee : Just discovered that the sparkle is now available in small tubes. Really considering the sets with screws instead.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. Friend came with her husband to help. I had painted the cable mate with the wall paint. Friend's husband said my cables were thin and no problem. He used a small hack saw to cut the plastic.F1FBC4E1-7CD9-46EC-BA30-21EE4F0718F1.jpeg

I had trouble taking the photo and tried to prevent the shadow. Installed over a week ago and no issues.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

It looks great! Good job.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SouthernBee 

It looks great! Good job.

@SilleeMee : Thank you. I really enjoy watching tv now and  my eyes don't focus on the cables.