Honored Contributor

Suggestions please to conceal cable wires on wall.

We have a 55 inch flat screen tv mounted on the wall but two long cables hanging down. We just painted the interior of the house and trying not to damage the wall. Best Buy suggested a product but reviews indicated the strong double sided tape can damage the wall.5B333C4E-1C7E-4FEA-8966-843CD3A0F259.jpeg

Legrand wiremold on -wall cord mate cord concealment kit. Any suggestions or know of something better? Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Suggestions please to conceal cable wires on wall.

Hi @SouthernBee  I don't know how much you can conceal the wires. Even if you cover them, they still hang against a wall. It is what it is concerning those wires. Almost everyone has them.

If you put "cable wire covers" in the Amazon search box, many come up. Worth a shot if you like any.

Hubs and I have our TV cables in a black cover and our walls are adobe pink. We see the cables but not much we can do. After awhile you just don't think about them anymore.

Good luckSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee  I have this one that I purchased from Home Depot.  It's called a "4 ft. Flat Screen TV Cord Cover", and it screws down.  I've tried the ones that stick to the wall and they didn't work for me.  If you have a HDMI cord and a power cord that need to be hidden from view, you may want to get a large enough piece to fit since the HDMI cord is sometimes fairly large.  This kind just has a flat piece that is screwed into the wall and then the cover snaps on.  Can easily be painted and the lid can be taken off and put back on without a problem if you need to switch cables.  Less then $17.00.

This covers on the wall from the back of flat screen to behind a small table I have set under the TV.  I'm sure they have longer ones if you need something longer then 4'.

Personally I wouldn't go with the adhesive one.  I had a small one that I tried to hide a cord to a neon light and it kept coming loose, and I finally just put a few nails in it to keep it secure. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop : Thank you for taking the time to respond. I just wanted something to make the wall look a little better. Something easy to install without damaging the wall. 

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@SouthernBee  I have this one that I purchased from Home Depot.  It's called a "4 ft. Flat Screen TV Cord Cover", and it screws down.  I've tried the ones that stick to the wall and they didn't work for me.  If you have a HDMI cord and a power cord that need to be hidden from view, you may want to get a large enough piece to fit since the HDMI cord is sometimes fairly large.  This kind just has a flat piece that is screwed into the wall and then the cover snaps on.  Can easily be painted and the lid can be taken off and put back on without a problem if you need to switch cables.  Less then $17.00.

This covers on the wall from the back of flat screen to behind a small table I have set under the TV.  I'm sure they have longer ones if you need something longer then 4'.

Personally I wouldn't go with the adhesive one.  I had a small one that I tried to hide a cord to a neon light and it kept coming loose, and I finally just put a few nails in it to keep it secure. 

@CAcableGirl2 : Totally understand and thank you.  I am not the handy type but a friend could probably help. The walls are drywall. I don't have a drill but will one be needed to start the hole for the screws or easy to do manually with just a screwdriver?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee There are lots of kits like this from this  you cut a small hole, run the cables down the wall and then there is an outlet like cover and the cables are hidden.  

2nd Correction of the brand kit we used:  This is the kit from Amazon  we used PowerBridge TWO-CK Dual Outlet Recessed In-Wall Cable Management System with Power Connect for Wall-

I thought I'd pass that along!  Several people we know have used similar things since and been happy.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   I'm a DIY handy kind of gal and can figure out a way to make just about anything work around the house.  I would either try drywall screws and they should just screw in pretty easily, or you can use the anchors.  If not sure, just ask the people at Home Depot and they'll show you whatever you need.

I am even slightly embarrassed to admit, but in the past (more then once), I needed to install a plastic anchor in the wall, and didn't feel like getting the drill and a drill bit, have actually taken a hammer and used a smaller hex head screwdriver as a "drill bit" and hit the back of the screwdriver with the hammer to make a hole just big enough to be able to push the small plastic anchor piece tightly into the wall, and then still using my screwdriver, put the screw in the anchor.

You should just need a few drywall screws and a screwdriver to intall it.  Once installed, paint right over it and it should blend in and look much better then dark cables.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee I had to edit my post above three times before got the kit name right!  LOL!!!  Woman EmbarassedSmiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Queen of shop : Thank you for taking the time to respond. I just wanted something to make the wall look a little better. Something easy to install without damaging the wall. 

@SouthernBee    I have the plastic cord covers too.  I didn't want to use nails or screws to secure the plastic.  So...I use Scotch mounting putty underneath the edges of the cord cover to help adhere it to the wall and it works great.  No damage to the walls and easy to remove.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SouthernBee I had to edit my post above three times before got the kit name right!  LOL!!!  Woman EmbarassedSmiley Frustrated

@Sooner : Totally agree and understand. I had trouble posting yesterday and this morning. Thank you for the info .♥️