Valued Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

The presenter said 2 TB,  but the Tracfone reps who answered questions insisted it only could be expanded up to 32 GB.  

I'm very happy with the phone.  The camera really is so much better than the camera on my previous tracfone which was  Samsung Sky.

@LexaMom, which Samsung Sky did you have? I have the J3 so it's an older one, looking forward to this new bigger screen. Plus I do not care for the camera on the J3 at all. I had a tough time deciding if I wanted to get the Stylo 3 as my son has the LG Fiesta 2 and I like that one a lot so I thought about going with that one. But my Sky has been acting up and HSN was sold out of the Fiesta 2 and QVC doesn't even show it in their inventory so I decided to just bite the bullet and go for the Stylo 3.

Yes, there was a lot of conflicting info given in the questions and answers, especially with the expansion of the phone. It just seems nobody could decide which way was up. It was really a disappointing demonstration of the phone this time around, IMO. It all seemed clear as mud.

Valued Contributor

@Stargazer77, I will be sure and come back with a review once I get it set up and can play with it enough to give you good answers. I received it today but have been busy and didn't yet get it out of the box. I also had the LG Ultimate 2 sometime back until I also upgraded to the Galaxy Sky (we probably are following the same tracfone paths, lol). I LOVED the notification light on the Ultimate 2 but without the home button, this one is going to have to work differently. My son's phone (not a tracfone) has a blinking light that comes on in one of the top corners of his phone and that is his notification light. I don't know if this is how it will be or not. I will be sure and let you know. Also, I had the same concerns as you. I don't know if I'll be happy without a home button. Both my sons say they thought the same but they don't have home buttons on their current phones and they said they found it has not bothered them like they thought it would. As for the fingerprint scanner, it's on the on switch, which is located on the back as you said (another concern of mine so I'm hoping that won't bother me). I like that feature a lot also. I type in a password right now and that gets old. So I have concerns but decided to take a chance on it and see.

I will check back as soon as I can to let you know what I think!

Valued Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

Now that I've been using the Stylo for two days, I can honestly say that it is the best and most feature-rich Tracfone I've ever used.

No, it does not have some sort of indicator light for messages and phone calls, but I never used that anyway. I just check my phone from time to time. Any additional lights would just reduce battery life.

The fingerprint ID system is totally genius. It not only works to enter the phone without a hassle, it also acts as my password for most of my apps. It's so much simpler and more secure than traditional passwords.

The note feature is very useful. For instance, tomorrow I'm going house hunting. I've set up three notes, one for each house, with + and - lists. I have more to learn about the note feature, but I have plenty of time to learn...

The camera is better than the Fiesta, and the voice is HD so that when you make phone calls, you can actually hear the other person as if they were in the room with you.

Now I will be happy and well entertained until the next new LG Tracfone comes along...Cat Very Happy

It does not have a notification light? I was told by Tracfone themselves that it did, plus from reading other reviews online (not here at QVC). I find that very disappointing. I really miss that feature.

Valued Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

I wish there was a way to comment on reviews made in the original QVC page.. but wanted to tell the person who was returning their phone because she didn't like the case.

For the same amount you would pay for shipping,  Amazon is setlling a whole bunch of gorgeous cases.  Just search for LG Stylo 3 case.

Also - for the person whose screen was fading,  there is a setting to set the time that the screen goes away.. go to Setting/Display/ScreenTimeout -  and bump up the default value.

@LexaMom, I always wish I could comment on those reviews too. I never keep the cases the phone comes with but always go on Amazon to find a better phone case. They are not expensive and give better protection in most cases. It seems silly to me to return the phone over the case but that's just my opinion.

Valued Contributor

When I  first came to Tracfone - I had a Samsung Note - so I was very unhappy with the Sky..except for losing that monthly wireless bill.   The camera on the Sky was terrible.

So the camera on the Stylo 3 was a big reason I upgraded and I am thrilled with it. 

The size of the display is very similar to the Note as well.    I have no complaints about the Stylo 3,  just received a gorgeous case from Amazon,  I never had  one so don't miss a notification light.   

There is a Home icon (the circle) at the bottom of the screen - so you shoudn't need to use the button on the back.

Respected Contributor

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@SchippyLuv wrote:

Now that I've been using the Stylo for two days, I can honestly say that it is the best and most feature-rich Tracfone I've ever used.

No, it does not have some sort of indicator light for messages and phone calls, but I never used that anyway. I just check my phone from time to time. Any additional lights would just reduce battery life.

The fingerprint ID system is totally genius. It not only works to enter the phone without a hassle, it also acts as my password for most of my apps. It's so much simpler and more secure than traditional passwords.

The note feature is very useful. For instance, tomorrow I'm going house hunting. I've set up three notes, one for each house, with + and - lists. I have more to learn about the note feature, but I have plenty of time to learn...

The camera is better than the Fiesta, and the voice is HD so that when you make phone calls, you can actually hear the other person as if they were in the room with you.

Now I will be happy and well entertained until the next new LG Tracfone comes along...Cat Very Happy

It does not have a notification light? I was told by Tracfone themselves that it did, plus from reading other reviews online (not here at QVC). I find that very disappointing. I really miss that feature.

I have the Stylo 3 and it does have a notification light. It's a little red light in the upper left corner. 

Trusted Contributor

@Qgirl26 Thanks, that is very appreciated!  I'm particularly interested to hear how you feel about the power button being on the back and how that works with the fingerprint scanner, if it's cumbersome or annoying, etc.  Also curious about the notification light.  Enjoy playing with your new phone! 

I think I'm going to hold off for a while and stick with my Samsung Galaxy Sky (the J3 model).  I'll buy some texts online and add a year's worth of time for 50 dollars with the add on at checkout, since my time is up in a couple weeks.  Then I can see what comes out down the line or if I want to try out the Stylo 3 eventually.  Thanks for the reply.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Valued Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I have the Stylo 3 and it does have a notification light. It's a little red light in the upper left corner

Aha!!  I do see the light now - it flashes.  Never noticed it.  Very cool.  I do love this phone.. 

Valued Contributor

To AFTIV, on the reviews page -   I used to work for the phone company.   Transferring your phone number from one company to another is NOT an instant process.  Anytime you do that - the number needs to go through a number of systems to move.  You should not have lost use of your old phone until it was complete.    Don't expect miracles.

Valued Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Qgirl26 wrote:

@SchippyLuv wrote:

I have the Stylo 3 and it does have a notification light. It's a little red light in the upper left corner. 

I thought so @Cumbercookie13! Thanks so much for clarifying. Everything I read on the phone said that it did.