Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Strange "Activation Complete" Notification

Our company's Apple work phones went cuckoo today and many could not access Outlook for a while.  Don't know what happened.  Receive a message about  the account.

Respected Contributor

Do you something in your settings for automatic updates?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

I just checked my cell to see if there were any junk calls today. There is a notification that has me puzzled. The title is Device Activation and the text reads Activation Complete then gives my phone number.

I have no idea the source of the notification; could it  be either tracfone or google?

Not sure what to do. This is not a new phone and my account currently runs until July, 2022.

Any thoughts about this?

@Marp @Go to your Tracfone account on the app and see if there's been any activity. I'm sure you already know not to press on any link in whatever notification popped up on your phone. Check your bank and credit card accounts and make sure there are no suspicious activities. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp Yes, my Tracfone is LG ! Thanks, this is probably why we got the message! Woman Very Happy

And just to reiterate to everyone, this message was not a link or a text or anything that could be replied to or that would direct you to any website. It was just a message that appeared on the home screen of the phone. The message was easily cleared off of the home screen. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp : I have a tracfone. I deleted the message because my phone is over a year old and no minutes needed until October.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp

LG will leave the phone business in July 2021. You my want to find a new phone soon. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg : My phone is LG and love it. I still have over a thousand minutes and text. I hate the thought of researching for another phone . 

Honored Contributor

Whenever I get something sketchy or not recognized, I totally ignore it.  The worst thing that can happen is something might get cancelled.  But you can always get it back.  Answer that notification and you might go down some rabbit hole and find a nightmare at the bottom.