Esteemed Contributor

Strange "Activation Complete" Notification

I just checked my cell to see if there were any junk calls today. There is a notification that has me puzzled. The title is Device Activation and the text reads Activation Complete then gives my phone number.

I have no idea the source of the notification; could it  be either tracfone or google?

Not sure what to do. This is not a new phone and my account currently runs until July, 2022.

Any thoughts about this?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Strange "Activation Complete" Notification

Under no circumstances should you respond, click on anything or acknowledge acceptance of that message.  I am inundated with those types and it is nothing short of a scam.  I'm so tired being vulnerable and deleting so many of these, ugh.  When in doubt, block them out!  

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop,  this was a system notification not a text.  There is nothing to click.

Respected Contributor

Regardless @Marp I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.  If you don't know what it is, there's your clue.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop,  there is nothing to touch.  It is something the system apparently did on its own.  It was a statement--no accept or decline or ignore or any kind of option to it.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Marp  Just don't respond or do anything.  

Respected Contributor

@Marp If you go online and search -- 'activation complete notification on cell phone,'  you will find many reasons why this may have happened. And, it seems you're not the only one. For some reason, your number may have needed to be re-activated, or it could just be a crazy glitch. 

Trusted Contributor

@Marp I got the same notification on my Tracfone today. I called my Tracfone number from my other phone to make sure is was OK and it was fine. No clue as to why that happened. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Marp I got the same notification on my Tracfone today. I called my Tracfone number from my other phone to make sure is was OK and it was fine. No clue as to why that happened. 

@FlyersGirl,  I think I may have gotten a hint about the notification and you might be able to let me know if I am on the right track.  Is your phone an LG?

There is a major LG/Android software update and I'm thinking the activation notification is tied into that.  Perhaps Tracfone was verifying to LG that the account/number is active.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

There is a major LG/Android software update and I'm thinking the activation notification is tied into that.  Perhaps Tracfone was verifying to LG that the account/number is active.

@Marp  Go into your phone settings & check.

OR

Contact your carrier & ask them.  Better yet, read your user manual to see if "automatic updates" is mentioned.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif