Valued Contributor

Strange Beeping Noise In Living Room

I hear this faint beeping noise every once in a while only when I’m in my living room and it’s quiet. However, today it’s been more frequent. It sounds EXACTLY like the beeps you hear when getting a hearing test, even down to having the varied pitches.
All my electronics are in my living room including my computer, Comcast WiFi, Internet & cable box, TV, ROKU and Alexa. The sound is so faint and comes and goes so quickly that I don’t think it’s coming from any one of them. A hum from electronics is steady and these sounds are random and infrequent.
When I Googled this I came up with nothing. Maybe it’s tinnitus or maybe I have a ghost. Any thoughts?
Respected Contributor

Re: Strange Beeping Noise In Living Room

It may be your smoke detector. When the batteries start to get weak you will hear a soft beep off and on before it goes in to full blown beeping and steady.

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen 

Do you  have a blue tooth device in the room?

Esteemed Contributor

@grammarqueen  I have tinnitus and frequently hear beeping sounds. If it's tinnitus you will still hear the beep when you are outside. Check to see if you hear it in any other room. The smoke detector battery someone mentioned makes sense! 
   Check your phone batteries or alarm system batteries also.

Valued Contributor

It could possibly be your house alarm needing to be reset. Ours was beeping until I finally figured out what it was. Called the alarm company. They told me what to do.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@grammarqueen 

@Nonametoday    She said she has Alexa.  My Echo frequently makes strange noises, says weird things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@grammarqueen 

@Nonametoday    She said she has Alexa.  My Echo frequently makes strange noises, says weird things.

@Kachina624 @grammarqueen   

The reason I asked about blue tooth.  I have blue tooth for my Audible Books and I have a Blue Tooth in my car.  I took my Fire and Blue Tooth in my car one day.  Came back home, placed them on bar near my iPhone.  I heard the strangest little tinkling noise almost a silent as a drop of water, but a tiny beep all night and the following morning.  I called #1 son who is IT person and he told me he would come over and hunt for it, but might be my refrigerator.  It was my Blue Tooth.  Obviously, it did not like being int he car with my other Blue Tooth and then being placed near my iPhone charger.  Strange things happen with Technology.  He said he had never heard of that before but when we took my Fire and my Blue Tooth to my bedroom, the noise immediately stopped both in this room and none in the bedroom.  It totally stopped. It's like there are ghosts in Tech equipment.

Valued Contributor

It isn’t the smoke alarm because it’s wired into the house and not run on batteries (I live in attached garage apartment). I do know the sound when a smoke alarm battery is getting low and it’s an unmistakable sound like someone’s rubber soled athletic shoe slipped on linoleum. Oh, and I have a carbon monoxide alarm in the bedroom and I know it’s not that because when the batteries were going it woke me out of a dead sleep - not faint at all! I don’t have Bluetooth either.
I am leaning towards tinnitus, but I hear it only in my living room. When I’m in my car, it’s very quiet after I’ve turned the engine off, but I’ve never heard it there. My tinnitus sounds similar to constant Spring Peeper frogs!
Super Contributor

For 2 days I heard a beeping noise and couldn't find the source. Finally had my son come over and after quite a while he discovered it was an old cell phone beeping from a low battery!

Honored Contributor

I know you said you had Comcast and we have Verizon FIOS. And FIOS set up had a battery back up. After a few years the battery was dying and beeping. 

Maybe there is a similar set up with Comcast, there is a battery back up? And the battery needs to be replaced?