Valued Contributor

Sooo can't you still buy the "CARDS" ie 60 TALK,TEXT, WEB FOR $20 If you wanted to?

[ Edited ]

What is "DATA?- I've always bought the talk, text, web for my regular non-smart trac phone- (which triples)-- - Can't you buy those cards  for Smart Phones (and btw I recently asked QVC questions and answers and their trafone people says they WILL transfer triple minute feature to a Smart phone (which I idid buy one already but haven't activated it ) I don't use the phone much- I don't play games -I don't "gab" on it I need qphone but I do want the cost to be low  It's convenient to talk to my husband to pick up ie milk or tell him I"m on my way etc. - or to use at  the airport-("plane landed - pick me up at gate A") also at my kid's house in Texas since they stream everything - no landlines. 

OH AND I'm ALSO waiting for an answer for suggestions of since i have 2 non-smart tracfones (one is always ready if one is out of charge and as a backup running out the door --- i PURCHASED ONE SMARTPHONE -HAVE NOT ACTIVATED IT YET- AND WONDERING IF i SHOULD TRANSFER ALL INFO FROM BOTH OF THE TWO NON-SMART TRACFONES TO THE ONE I purchased  OR TO BUY A 2ND ONE AS BACKUP   SINCE they HAVE DIFFERENT PHONE NUMBERS AND I'M THINKING IT MIGHT JUST BE EASIER THAN DEALING with THE TECH SUPPORT WHO MIGHT MESS THINGS UP AND LOSE BOTH MY NUMBERS AND INFO!!  SUGGESTIONS? I'm leaning toward a backup since the LG rebel is cheap on HSN

Honored Contributor

Re: Sooo can't you still buy the "CARDS" ie 60 TALK,TEXT, WEB FOR $20 If you wanted to?

Here's a link to some detailed information on the Triple Minutes for Life plan.

https://nocontractcellular.org/tracfone-ends-triple-minutes-for-life-new-smartphone-only-plans-offer... 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sooo can't you still buy the "CARDS" ie 60 TALK,TEXT, WEB FOR $20 If you wanted to?

For me, I could not cope with two numbers.

What about picking one of the numbers, activate the new phone and buying an external charger.

Data just means web.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

duh..silly me  wondered all this time what "data" meant  and didn't want to ask!

thank youSmiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

There are two ways to access the internet on your phone:  data (LTE) and wi-fi.  As long as you are somewhere with wi-fi, you can use the wi-fi capabilities on your phone to access the internet.  It is free.  Data is what allows your phone to access the internet if you do not have access to wi-fi.  With Tracfones, you only get a certain amount of data to use, and when it is gone, you have to purchase more.  So use a safe wi-fi connection anytime you can, and keep the data turned off on your phone unless you're somewhere without a wi-fi connection and need wi-fi.  You can keep the wi-fi turned on on your phone all the time, but it is known to be a battery-drainer.  Here is a pic with some common symbols found on phones and in your settings.  You access wi-fi or data by swiping down from the top of your phone and tapping the icon you want, or you can also access them from the settings.  The manual for your phone should touch on this.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.08.28 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@sipp    Your question about using your old phones was answered the last time you asked.

Screenshot_20200915-102207~2.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thankyou for being so helpful- much appreciated!