Honored Contributor

Some neat updates to the Edge browser

My computer just updated to the new Edge browser and if you're on a shopping site looking at a product it now meanders around the web trying to find you a lower price on the product you're looking at or coupons for the site. That's kind of handy. It's been moderately accurate so far when I've been playing with it. Just look for a little blue price tag in the address bar to find out if it's found coupons (pretty fast for coupons) or a better price (takes maybe ten to thirty seconds or so sometimes for the price check.) You still have to make sure the size is similar, shipping costs, etc. but it's a handy little gadget they've built-in.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Some neat updates to the Edge browser

Mine updated too and I really like it.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Mine updated too and I really like it.

Yeah, it's really handy. I like it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I saw that, too ... really cool.

Honored Contributor

Yes, but Microsoft hijacked my computer.  Kept asking me to sign in.

Yesterday, I wanted to place an order, Microsoft blocked me until I signed in.  Then I found they automatically signed me in to something they call sync.  Microsoft was coordinating all my purchases.  What nerve!

Also, they took over my Xfinity home page and replaced it with theirs.    

While that's nice they will find the lowest prices and are offering rebates, I want nothing to do with Microsoft nosing into my business.  Believe me they are using our buying practices and probably other things they don't need to know for something.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

Do you use anything Google related?

They are the most intrusive browser there is, selling your info to telemarketers around the world, just read their so called 'privacy' policy.

I use nothing Google related, even as a search engine, and my relentless telemarketing calls have drastically reduced.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Foxxee 

Do you use anything Google related?

They are the most intrusive browser there is, selling your info to telemarketers around the world, just read their so called 'privacy' policy.

I use nothing Google related, even as a search engine, and my relentless telemarketing calls have drastically reduced.

@KingstonsMom 

Stopped using anything Google about two years ago.  

Honored Contributor

mine has not updated yet.

i was using it today, but did not notice anything different.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein