Valued Contributor

Re: Solitaire from old Vista version?

it make me remember old days

Honored Contributor

Hi @chickenbutt

The videos didn't actually show the game itself so I didn't want to take a chance.  I'll see if I can find more pictorials before I make the leap.

Seriously, I've seen a lot of complaining online about the newer solitaire versions.  We're not the only ones who much preferred the previous ones!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, check out the games at winaero.com/blog/get-windows-7-games-for-windows-10/

or to go directly to the download page :winaero.com/download.php?view.1836

I have used and shared this site several times since windows10 came out.  If you decide to use it please bookmark the URL because it seems each major update requires the games to be reinstalled even though your win/loss and settings information is retained.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

WIndows still supports Vista? Can not believe that. I thought it  would be phased out and forgotten by now. Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Sorry, Homegirl! Smiley Sad    I know the one from Win7 and before is the same one I used back before Win7 (Vista), so I figured it was the same as what you used.   Mine looks similar to the screen shot you posted except that I use a different background and card design.

I hope you are able to find it.  I know how much it meant to me to be able to install it ever since they dropped it.  I'd used that game for years and even tried to like some of the newer ones and hated them.

I just looked and the YouTube one I have saved on this computer is by 'Michael MJD'.

@chickenbutt

It took me this long to get myself to download the old (much nicer) solitaire version your post led me to.  THANK YOU!  It works and sounds great, is just like the old one, and is free of ads, and I'm pretty happy!!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Sorry, Homegirl! Smiley Sad    I know the one from Win7 and before is the same one I used back before Win7 (Vista), so I figured it was the same as what you used.   Mine looks similar to the screen shot you posted except that I use a different background and card design.

I hope you are able to find it.  I know how much it meant to me to be able to install it ever since they dropped it.  I'd used that game for years and even tried to like some of the newer ones and hated them.

I just looked and the YouTube one I have saved on this computer is by 'Michael MJD'.

@chickenbutt

It took me this long to get myself to download the old (much nicer) solitaire version your post led me to.  THANK YOU!  It works and sounds great, is just like the old one, and is free of ads, and I'm pretty happy!!

I just saw this!  I'm so glad you got your game back.   I don't remember if I mentioned this but what I finally did was to SAVE the game on my computer so that when Win10 has updates that mess it up I can just go to my 'Downloads' folder, snag the file, and quickly re-install it.  That way I don't have to go back and re-figure out how to download everything, etc.

That made it very simple to fix it when they mess it up (still not a fan of Win10!) with their updates.   It takes a hot second and you still have all your personalization and stats.  Smiley Happy