Regular Contributor

Smartphone...help me pick one

Deciding whether to finally get a new phone. Any tips?? Looking to get a no contract phone and leave Verizon in the dust!

Honored Contributor

Re: Smartphone...help me pick one

I haven't met anyone yet who hates the Iphone 5. That's what I have. I love it. I wish Apple would come out with something new.

Have you ever noticed whenever someone comes out promoting something electronic they always put an Apple product (Apple IPHONE) next to it to compare?

That's because Apple products are wonderful and most people identify with them.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Tracfone. HSN and QVC both have them. The price varies a little but for somewhere around $100, you get the phone + 1 yr of service with 1200 talk, 1200 text and 1200 data. Also triple minutes for the life of the phone. If you buy 60 minutes, it automatically triples to 180 talk, text and data.

HSN 364-015 and 359-746

QVC E226061 and E225843 E226143

They both also have a off brand, Valet for Tracfone but the device has terrible reviews.

Now I will say this, I'm ready for an upgrade, but I read on a blog that Tracfone is soon getting a new android version phone with a 4" screen and I am holding out for that.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

A real steal in smartphones is the Blu Advance, which is an Android phone but way less expensive than unlocked I phones or Samsungs. It's a best seller and can work with most plans--there is a workaround you have to do for Tracphone but all other services seem to work.

Contributor

I just got a new phone from Walmart - LG Optimus Fuel Smartphone for $29.00. I buy the $45 straight talk each month. Check the reviews, they are outstanding. I did not want a contract either. You get unlimited text, talk and web. We did a lot of research. This is what works best for us. I had the iPhone before this. I did like it but it broke. I don't like to spend a lot of money on things like this. I don't miss anything from the iPhone. I have been in a few different states over the summer, with my LG phone, I have not had any trouble with coverage.

Honored Contributor

I'd get the new iPhone that should be announced in September.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I love my iphone 5. I use it as computer more than I do a phone.

Honored Contributor

I love my iPhone 5 too. My husband and kids have the Samsung Galaxy, but I like mine better.

Honored Contributor

I think you need to decide what you need from your phone. If it is just to get e mails and talk and text - occasionally look up something on the internet - - you may find that the much more expensive smart phones are way more than you actually need. I bought an LG android smartphone Tracfone from QVC - $179.00 which included a year of service - 1200min of talk, 1200 of text and 1200 of data.Plus an additional 2 year warranty. That $179 was my total with taxes and everything. Since it triples all your min next year I will buy the 1 year of service and get another 1200 min of everything. I'm sure for my uses that is adequate. So many people get caught up in the hype of the way more expensive phones - and then find they really don't need or use them as they are capable of being used. I urge you to be certain you are buying the phone that is right for your NEEDS - not just what is the trendy phone, and the big bucks bill that goes with it.

Super Contributor

I can browse the internet quicker on my iPhone than on my Samsung laptop. iPhone is user friendly, uncomplicated... and smart. Don't forget there is Siri.