Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  we have 4 tvs. They are not smart tv's so we have a Roku for each tv. We can watch Hulu Live on any one of our 4 tvs. You can watch Hulu Live on two tv's at the same time. That's another nice thing about Hulu Live, we can watch it on any one of our tv's, whereas with cable we had to pick the 2 tv's we wanted to have hooked up to our cable tv.

Valued Contributor

It can be confusing @Jordan2 . I guess you have to decide what you want your budget to be and then compare prices with what they offer. Last year DH printed out the different streaming service options and we looked them over and found the one with the channels we wanted and the price was good. We are saving about $100 a month after dropping cable tv and using Hulu Live TV. (You might want to see if Sling TV offers a 7 day free trial like Hulu Live does).

Good luck with your decision Jordan2.

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose   Thanks for the reply!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know the answer to my questions? If you get a DVR box from Spectrum, do you also need an additional cable set box for the same tv that has the DVR box? How many shows can you record at the same time. I am grandfathered in from TWC, I have a multi room DVR box ( no additional box with it and Spectrum doesn't offer it). I don't want to turn it in but my bill is much too high, I have to look into cutting back.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sling TV Or Hulu Live

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2

I would go to Dslreports.com, the Spectrum cable forum and post a question about your DVR boxes.

The regular CC person at Spectrum may not know the answer. 

Honored Contributor

Does Hulu Live lag behind, what I exactly mean, if I had on lets say This Is Us on Spectrum cable, would Hulu Live be in sync or do they run 30 seconds or so behind?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does Hulu Live lag behind, what I exactly mean, if I had on lets say This Is Us on Spectrum cable, would Hulu Live be in sync or do they run 30 seconds or so behind?

@Jordan2 

Hulu Live would run behind a show on cable TV. 

You should try this for yourself. Please install the Spectrum app on your iPad, play a live program,and 

play the same program on your TV. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

You should try this for yourself. Please install the Spectrum app on your iPad, play a live program,and 

Hi @Nuttmeg ! I suppose every live streaming service lags behind cable, 5 or 10 seconds isn't much, but 30 seconds or more is a bigger deal. I guess it's just a trade off for cutting back on your cable bill.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2 

Hi @Nuttmeg ! I suppose every live streaming service lags behind cable, 5 or 10 seconds isn't much, but 30 seconds or more is a bigger deal. I guess it's just a trade off for cutting back on your cable bill.

Cable is a bit slower than live TV from an antenna. Locally, my cable would be about five seconds or so behind the antenna on live events. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

I don't know if you are able to get this with your Spectrum account, but I get Spectrum's streaming TV.  (I have a Roku and also get HULU- but not the one with the live TV.)  My cable runs about $125.00 a month- that is with internet, phone and the Spectrum streaming.  So far I have been satisfied with the service.  The downside of their streaming is that you have to watch it live and can only see the On Demand shows that they have made available.  I get all the channels (TV and music) of the basic cable.  I believe you can add things like HBO and Showtime for an additional fee.  Before I got the streaming, my cable bill was over $210.00 a month. So far, so good.  But if my bill goes up dramatically over time, I will switch to HULU Live TV.