Honored Contributor

My triple play bill from Spectrum has gotten so high, I spend $220 a month. Money has gotten tight for me so I'm looking to lower it. Spectrum is no help, if I pull out 2 cable boxes and get rid of Showtime, which I really don't watch, I'll save, wait for it, $21! They are never willing to work with you. I have thought of going to Verizon, but I really won't be saving that much over Spectrum. The CS rep had the nerve to say to me before you switch give us a call back to see if there are any new promotions they can offer me! I have been looking at Sling TV and Hulu Live, I wonder which is better? I will probably not get the same amount of channels I have now. Purchasing my internet and landline phone, plus the Hulu or Sling, plus HBO, I wonder if I will be saving that much money?

Occasional Contributor

I am in the same boat, needing to keep costs down. I am thinking about signing up for FOBO streaming. I looked through the channel line up and it has everything I want except the ABC channel at a third of the price for me. 

Honored Contributor

@TexasPeach wrote:

I am in the same boat, needing to keep costs down. I am thinking about signing up for FOBO streaming. I looked through the channel line up and it has everything I want except the ABC channel at a third of the price for me. 

@TexasPeach first of all, I am an idiot, I meant to put this under the Community Chat Forum! Can I ask you what is FOBO, I have never heard of it?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Sling TV Or Hulu Live

[ Edited ]

I moved last fall and while in between homes  (2 months) I used Hulu Live and added Showtime.   The cost was  $45.00 plus  $10.00 for Showtime.   Hulu has pretty much all of the channels as basic cable and I had no problems using it. There are no hidden costs with Hulu either.   There's a free trial of either one week or a month, I don't remember.   A 30 day free trial for Sling came with a new Samsung TV I bought.  Hulu is much better and offers more channels. There are also tons of shows, movies etc on Hulu. I now have Xfinity for WiFi and TV which I got on a  $100/ month one year promotion and other than the lightening speed internet and the voice driven remote there isn't much difference. 

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff  not a deal breaker, but I don't think you can get QVC or HSN on them. I like that Hulu offers the option for recording shows and they can be saved in the cloud.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  "I have thought of going to Verizon, but I really won't be saving that much over Spectrum."

Are you sure about that?  Verizon no longer has bundles.  They now have a Mix & Match plan w/no hidden costs & fees.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 I really don't remember but I tend to watch HSN live online anyway. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2  "I have thought of going to Verizon, but I really won't be saving that much over Spectrum."

Are you sure about that?  Verizon no longer has bundles.  They now have a Mix & Match plan w/no hidden costs & fees.

@Mz iMac I went online to their website, and I was putting what I wanted in my cart. It came out to be around $200, so not really saving that much. I wonder if I called them they could do better?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mz iMac I went online to their website, and I was putting what I wanted in my cart. It came out to be around $200, so not really saving that much. I wonder if I called them they could do better?

NOPE!  No more negotiating. icon_exclaim.gif

Have you considered getting a firestick?  Amazon is running a FS 4k sale.  Unknown if for Prime members only.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Frequent Contributor

I have also been thinking of going with Hulu Live.   There is only one cable company in my area, and they will not negotiate to lower the cost.   

The only issue I had with Hulu Live is that they do not carry a local sports station that I watch.   I am going to have to do something as the cost keeps going up and I am on a fixed income.   Every year the cost goes up.