Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should I add Adobe Reader to my MacBook Pro?

@Cats3000, thank you!  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613@Mz iMac, you guys are gems💕!!!  Thank you for taking the time to help me find a solution.

I will copy and save your instructions.

I ended up sending this to a committee member who uploaded it to google drive.  I can work on the application from there.  LM

That works for your committee but, what happens the next time you need to read a PDF file?  Preview is a built in program which will read your PDF file.  If you want, you can download Adobe but, it's not necessary. 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

Please tell us more about your community beautification project when you are able.  I’m sure it’s an interesting story.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@glb613, thank you for explaining that.  I am in a bit of a time crunch right now but, once through that, I will check out preview.  You are right.  I am on more than one committee (some days I feel like I never retired🙄).  I will need to be able to use it in more than one instance.  I am going to put a reminder in my calendar.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe, I will explain in a bit.  You might even recognize that our communities are the gateway to the famous Peggy’s Cove.  It is related to that.  More to come.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use it on my Macs.  I thought it was becoming obsolete.

Anyway, you've gotten good advice.  I have none to offer except yes, let us know how that landscape project shapes up!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  I think it's Adobe Flash Player that is supposedly becoming obsolete.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if Preview lets you work with a file or simply read it. If you need to work with the file then you might need Adobe products, or similar software to alter the file. If it's just something you need to read, then Preview should be fine, but if you want to, or need to alter the file, you might need a different product. Life would be so much easier if there was just one standard file format for documents. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I don't know if Preview lets you work with a file or simply read it.

Preview does let you do everything/anything to a file like Adobe.  I recently had a request to send a batch of photos (27) to be exact.

I put them all in Preview, added text to each photo, reduced the size & converted all into a PDF file so the receiver can view photos like a book and/or slide show.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif