Trusted Contributor

Samsung tracfone screen broke have a ?....

My husband dropped his Samsung Galaxy Sky tracfone and the screen went dark. He bought a new one but now is trying to figure out how to get his contacts and other info from the old phone to the new one. Is there a way to do it without being able to see anything on the old one? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung tracfone screen broke have a ?....

[ Edited ]

That screen can easily be replaced.  My cat (Bill) sat on my computer (Samsung).

The glass didn't break but it was distorted, so my son-in-law ordered new glass for it and it said it only took a minute or two to fix it.

I'd forgotten how clear the screen/glass could be.

I don't know how easy it is because he has a master's degree in electrical engineering (all things computers), but my guess your husband could probably do it.

I came back to edit this post because i should have said YOU or your husband could do it.  I believe women can do pretty much most things men can do, especially when it comes to using hands and brains....

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 -- My husband did buy a new screen and a new phone. He was having a problem with fixing it and I thought I'd see if there was way to transfer the info. 

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure you can go on line and find the User Guide for your phone which will tell you how to transfer all your info from one phone to the other and then how to permanently disable the old phone....good luck!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If your husbands phone was connected to Google he would just have to sign in to his account & his contacts & photos should automatically transfer.

@akaburtonfan  I’ve had several phones over the last few years.That was all I had to do.

Trusted Contributor

Problem fixed -- thank you all for your help.

Hubby switched out the screen on the old phone but the right side was missing a section. Activated the new phone then used a Samsung app to switch everything from the old phone to the new one. The transfer took minutes and all is once again right in his world.  Smiley Wink

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan I would have thought they'd transfer the information when you bought the phone.  Every time I've bought a phone they've automatically transferred the information.  Never heard of them NOT transferring it.

I've decided to get an Iphone 8.  I always just go to the Verizon store and get it.  They transfer all of the information.  Then my son-in-law makes sure everything on the old phone was definitely delted (often a person thinks it's deleted but it can often be found if someone knows what they're doing).

My son-in-law has told me I should go to Costco to get my phone.  I might check them out but I'm not a person who likes any kind of change, so I'll probably end up getting it at Verizon (always had excellent experience).

I don't want to take away from the subject (I always do that, I'm trying to change), but I have a story about getting my new iphone when my husband died....

Honored Contributor

OP - glad everything worked out for you but, in fact, you do not need to turn on the old phone to move all your stuff to a new one. It is all stored out on the cloud - not on the phone itself. If your phone was totally broken and smashed  - you could still put in your g mail addy and google would transfer your info.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

OP - glad everything worked out for you but, in fact, you do not need to turn on the old phone to move all your stuff to a new one. It is all stored out on the cloud - not on the phone itself. If your phone was totally broken and smashed  - you could still put in your g mail addy and google would transfer your info.

@151949 -- Good to know.