Super Contributor

Samsung Galaxy not syncing emails!

Anyone else having a problem with the Samsung tracfone bought from QVC in June?  I posted on tracfone FB also.  I can't get it to even get emails manually.  I also don't like that you get a beep for incoming texts.  I don't carry my cell phone around with me so often notice texts later than sooner.  One of my first tracfones, years ago, would beep continually until you opened the text.  Also, sometimes, it doesn't even beep if texts come in close to one another.  I think I will retire it when another tracfone special comes around.

Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy not syncing emails!

I don't have this specific phone, but I do have a Tracfone.  Have you checked out the online tutorial for your phone?  Usually, you can select how you want to be notified for an incoming text, email, etc..

I have the LG Ultimate II and I set different sounds for each one.  Also, there's a choice of alert interval for texts (I have mine set to repeat every 5 minutes until I read it).

Trusted Contributor

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (not a TracFone). Periodically the e-mail service stops working and will not connect up to my Yahoo e-mail. The last time this happened was earlier today (Saturday). I'll get a message that says "Unfortunately e-mail has stopped).

Sometimes rebooting the phone clears it up. Sometimes it doesn't and in a day or so all goes back to normal.

I haven't researched why this happens; I just roll with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@cddh
@sandraskates wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (not a TracFone). Periodically the e-mail service stops working and will not connect up to my Yahoo e-mail. The last time this happened was earlier today (Saturday). I'll get a message that says "Unfortunately e-mail has stopped).

Sometimes rebooting the phone clears it up. Sometimes it doesn't and in a day or so all goes back to normal.

I haven't researched why this happens; I just roll with it.

I have this problem with an Android tablet and an app.

You may want to make sure your email, contacts are backup, and then uninstall your mail app and reinstall. If you are using a app included with your phone, you may want to disable it and clean its cache.

Super Contributor

I've been a tracfone customer for maybe 20yrs and never had this happen with any oher phone.  I am trying to chat with tracfone about this problem.  Also, my message notification doesn't always beep - that's frustrating.  I am going to ask if I can transfer my service and minutes to my prior LG android that didn't give me these problems.

Super Contributor

I had an LG before this Samsung.  Liked it better; didn't have the issues I am having with this Samsung.

Occasional Contributor

Ive been battling tracfone and samsung. cannot receive pictures through text. got a new SIM card, can get pcis...just not text.tracfone "cant help" samsung wants me to send it out for repairs at my expense and be w/out a phone for who knows how long. Now after all this for weeks on end...cant return it...past the 30 days. Im done with QVC-they dont back there brands

Occasional Contributor

Oh and as a side note...Im still paying for the phone!