Esteemed Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tablet and storage

On 7/31/2014 glb613 said:
On 7/31/2014 adoreqvc said:

Perhaps contacting the manufacturer directly and inquiring, would be the best way to try and have these concerns properly addressed.

Good Luck!

There is nothing to address. The reason for the block to a SD card is copyright laws. Samsung can't do anything to change that.

I downloaded an audiobook through iTunes to my iMac and found I couldn't download it to another device without buying it again. I also couldn't make a CD/DVD of the file. Just like a movie, it's to protect it from illegal sharing.

If Apple or Google did not restrict sharing, the cost of the movies would be much higher.

Super Contributor

Perhaps contacting the manufacturer directly and inquiring, would be the best way to try and have these concerns properly addressed.

Good Luck!

There is nothing to address. The reason for the block to a SD card is copyright laws. Samsung can't do anything to change that.

I downloaded an audiobook through iTunes to my iMac and found I couldn't download it to another device without buying it again. I also couldn't make a CD/DVD of the file. Just like a movie, it's to protect it from illegal sharing.

Gail,

I have bought many audiobooks through iTunes and Audible.com. These are in my iTunes account and can be used/listened to on all my devices.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Cha1k said:

Good Luck!

Gail,

I have bought many audiobooks through iTunes and Audible.com. These are in my iTunes account and can be used/listened to on all my devices.

Not mine. After I posted this, I checked and it isn't available for download unless I buy it again. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Super Contributor

Connect your iPad to the computer, open iTunes on your Mac and look in the Library (left side of window) for Audiobooks. Make sure your purchased audiobook appears there.

When you sync your iPad to iTunes on the Mac, your audiobook will appear in the Music app on the iPad, under Audiobooks.

You can load your audiobooks on multiple devices this way. I have my books on my 2 iPads, my iPhone and an iPod shuffle.

The same with TV shows and movies....all on multiple devices.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Cha1k said:

Connect your iPad to the computer, open iTunes on your Mac and look in the Library (left side of window) for Audiobooks. Make sure your purchased audiobook appears there.

When you sync your iPad to iTunes on the Mac, your audiobook will appear in the Music app on the iPad, under Audiobooks.

You can load your audiobooks on multiple devices this way. I have my books on my 2 iPads, my iPhone and an iPod shuffle.

Thanks. I found it and will do a synch, make sure it's included and see what happens. I doubt that helps with getting it on my MacBook Pro.

I like a British TV series called Midsomer Murders and have purchased 13 seasons. I can access them from any device by going to purchased in iTunes. I can also access music that way as well. What I can't find is the audiobook. That's why I thought you had to listen to it on the device where it was purchased. Any suggestions?

Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 glb613 said:
On 7/31/2014 Cha1k said:

Thanks. I found it and will do a synch, make sure it's included and see what happens. I doubt that helps with getting it on my MacBook Pro.

I like a British TV series called Midsomer Murders and have purchased 13 seasons. I can access them from any device by going to purchased in iTunes. I can also access music that way as well. What I can't find is the audiobook. That's why I thought you had to listen to it on the device where it was purchased. Any suggestions?

I always purchase things from the iTunes store while on my Mac so that they will sync across all my devices because I ran into this problem several years ago -- purchasing something on my iPad and then trying to get it to iTunes on my Mac. I think they have changed how this all works because of earlier problems.

I located this thread on the Apple Support discussion board that might help:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5355847

Let me know if any of these suggestions work.