Respected Contributor

Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown 5.5" 16GB - Tracfone

Does anyone have feedback on this phone?  We have been with TracFone for 2 1/2 years now with no issues - Well, unless you have to call them...... won't go there!

I have the J7 SKY right now and when we were on vacation last year it took "okay" pic but I want the best pics I can get from a cell phone (do not want to drag around my cell and a darn camera) and the J7 Crown has 13mp camera, looks like it would be better and I would buy a SD card to hold more video and photos.

Would just love to hear any feedback if you have it.  THANK YOU!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown 5.5" 16GB - Tracfone

It's a nice phone and the camera is good. I didn't keep it because I wasn't crazy about the bigger size but that's because it's usually in my pocket and I carry it in my hand when I run. I didn't think the extra half inch or whatever it is would make much of a difference but it did. If the Sky is the same size then you should like the phone.

Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom  They are both 5.5" and so far I haven't had any issues with the size, I carry my J7 and my work phone S7 with me all day long - UGH!!

Thanks for your feedback!

Respected Contributor

returned the one i ordered.   TF could not activate it and it was a royal pain dealing with them.  spent hours trying to get it activated.  the camera was just ok, but not great.

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline  I am on my 2nd Tracfone and OMG I DREAD getting a new one just to get it activated, usually days HOURS and a couple of days - NO JOKE but.... once up and running I have had no issues and save a bundle over Verizon that's for sure.

Urg - I really want to find a new phone for our upcoming vacation that has a really "decent" camera to use.

Thank you for your reply!

Regular Contributor

@SandGirl I've had this phone for about 2 months now and love it! The picture quality is great along with the video quality. Prior to this I had another Samsung Tracfone (5") and really wanted the upgrade camera plus a few extras and this phone didn't disappoint. Took 5 minutes to activate. All my remaining min/txt/data transferred over without any problems. I am very happy with this phone.

Respected Contributor

@MissMaggieMoo  THANK YOU!!! I am really leaning towards at least trying this, if I get from HSN or Q I can always return if I hate it but I doubt I will hate it

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

its a very nice phone with good camera

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does any one know when HSN will put this tracpone on sale??

My currant one is a LG Premier Lite..(LGL62VL)..that i bought at HSN that i bought in  04/28/2017....my years time will be up in July....

I don't use it a lot mainly... for texting and a few phone calls once in a while...and have a lot of text and call minutes left on it.

Last year i went to Tracfone web site and added a years time on it for about $50.00 with tax...as i still had left over min,,etc from my last Samsung Tracfone plus added min on this one when i bought it.

So, i'm trying to decide to once again add more air time  on a 2 year old phone or get another   new one?

If i get a new one  it could be a Samsung or LG.??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."