Super Contributor

Re: Roku streaming stick........HELP setting up (for dummies)

I don't remember exactly how I set mine up, but I remember going to roku.com on my tablet and being zapped for more money as a one-time  "set up" fee.   There were some codes that had to be entered  on their web-site.  A person (I think it was a person, but maybe not) walked me through the whole thing and got my credit card number and then, lo and behold!,  I had a signal and things just went on from there.

Never had to call them back, so it was worth the extra money .  I don't even remember how much...under $100, over $50, I think.  

I'm still doing weird stuff with the remote because the TV remote handles on/off and volume and tghe roku remote handles channel selection.  Sometimes I get them mixed up.

Also, when an app stops working, delete the app and reinstall it.  When they update the apps, something bizarre happens.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

Linksys from Target.  The cost about $160.  Also, there are stronger Rokus.  Maybe the Stick is too weak for your setup.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Sue98 There is a gadget available on Amazon that boosts the signal of your router. Maybe that's what you need; I have no idea how well they work.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Sue98, I hope you have gotten yourRoku set up. I love having Roku, but opted for one of their higher grade models because the Roku stick I tried was slow in loading shows.  You do have to have a strong WiFi signal to the Roku device.

This website, not affiliated with Roku is interesting as they review the various Roku channels:    https://www.rokuguide.com