Esteemed Contributor

Anyone use sling tv with Roku?  Are you happy with the service?  Any other options to sling tv?  They partner with Dish tv but I was not keen on having to get Dish just to get one particular channel.

I haven't bought Roku yet, just testing the waters to see what it might cost me to cut the cable cord which is getting really pricey.

Super Contributor

I cut  cable service in December, have a Roku, subscribed to Sling TV and couldn't be happier.  I receive more channels now than I did with TWC at one fifth the cost.  Also purchased an antenna for $40 that screws in the back of the TV and receive another 26 local channels with that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@waterlily  glad you like it.  Which Roku did you get?  I was thinking premium...not sure what the advantages are of each, they have so many options.

I have an attic antenna...do you think that will do or should I have one similar to yours?

Occasional Contributor

Way cool. I also as with TWC, now Spectrum Cable, and also wanting to cut the cord. My neighbor called them to get just what I have now and they gave him a quote of %150 a month. SAme services I get and I pay over $100 more a month. A HOUSE PMT to us! I called and called TWC and nothing. Time to leave. So Dish is good? I may know PC, but nothing about Dich or stuff like that. Still will need WiFi.

Esteemed Contributor

@epoole59  you don't need dish tv, I was only interested in a channel that they had that I couldn't get on slingtv. 

I would still need internet but I can get a doubleplay and I think I'll still save money with that and paying for slingtv. 

Frequent Contributor

Hi Snoop. We also cut the cord about nine months ago and couldn't be happier.  We had cable, internet, and phone through TWC.  We now have an antenna and we have Sling and Netflix. We have home phone from Ooma.  Sling is $20; Netflix $10 and Ooma is $15 a month. We save about $130 a month from what we used to pay TWC.  Sling is great as it shows lots of sports for my husband and HGTV and CNN for me. There are lots of other channels to choose from with Sling. Of course, Netflix has tons of TV shows and movies to watch, also.  We are very happy with our decision to change as TWC would not negotiate their price with us.  Now we receive letters monthly with deals too good to believe but we are not even tempted. It's very liberating to cut that cord and not be held hostage by the cable company anymore!

Valued Contributor

@kermiefrog, who are you using to obtain your Internet service?