Respected Contributor

Ring Doorbell Compatible with which cell phones?

[ Edited ]

When I first got my Ring Pro  about  2 years ago, I found it was  not compatible with my   LG phone- so I switched to a Samsung- now I need to upgrade to a phone with 32 GB  and am worried if I dont get a Samsung (there are very FEW 32 GB Samsungs) that I will find it is not compatible again..

Does anyone know? I know on the Ring site they simply say that you need OS 5.0 or above, but my LG WAS, yet it was not compatible...

Anyone using their Ring with a Motorola or LG? which one?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ring Doorbell Compatible with which cell phones?

probably ios/apple and android compatible 

did you head to their webpage?

or just copy paste your question into your browser and that will bring up answers 

Honored Contributor

I put it on my kindle.

Trusted Contributor

Can you just add a bigger memory card to your Samsung?  I have a 64 GB micro SD card I put in mine.

Honored Contributor

Why not call their CS dept to find out? confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Why not call their CS dept to find out? confused.gif

Good advce- He tiold me what I already knew ...that its supposed to be compatible with 6.0 OS or above..So I will go wth that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker 

Have been using an LG Treasure model #LGL51AL since we installed Ring Pro over a year ago. It uses Android version 5.1.1

It's only a 16gb phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker , et al, I just bought this today at Costco.  Is it hard to install?  Do you like it?  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom I purchased the Ring doorbell from QVC last year. It was not hard to install at all. Mine isn't hardwired, it runs on the internal battery that I charge every few months. I had my electrician put it up outside of my door. I have brick outside my house so I needed a drill bit that went through brick. As far as the installing the app, it was very simple and the app walks you though everything step by step. I also have the Blink XT cameras. I like the Ring doorbell for outside and my Blink cameras to monitor my puppy inside my house.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have mine on a Samsung; it was on a Droid up until January.  Hubby uses Apple products.  So, either Apple or Android is fine.  The main thing is to check the OS version it requires.  While a new phone will be just fine.  My Droid was so old and the OS was no longer being updated (planned obsolescence), so I was unable to use all the features.  Then, in JAN it pretty much quit working altogether because Ring had a software update.  That wasn't the reason I got a new phone though.  The phone stopped working properly for me and I could no longer access my Contacts of make calls on it.  A factory reset might've fixed it, but I would've lost all my Contacts had I done that.  Luckily, I had typed them all up when it first started acting up on me, so I was able to enter them into my new phone.