Respected Contributor

Re: Reviews on HP Laptop TSV from August 6th

@NicksmomESQ Sorry you had a problem with your son’s computer. It is important he has something reliable for his classes in the field he is persuing. Hope you get a replacement 

soon. I would have replaced my HP with a larger screen and color but they were not available. I haven’ seen them back in stock yet.

@shell garden Hello. That is awesome. I may get the rose gold

in the 17” laptop if they bring it back. So glad you love it. It was very easy to set up and I do like the Windows 10. I miss not having a new one as mine has been acting up but still going along.

There should be a HP laptop special near Thanksgiving or at Christmas. I have been using my iPads more lately. I am glad the rose color was beautiful and the keys showed up nicely being backlit. That I willl check out when back in stock.

I agree about some of the things that come in the software package being not installed. I would rather see a few dollars off than have those packages with them. I would sign up for the PC Support that comes with it as you may need it. They are suppose to be the ones that could answer any questions you may have. 

Take care and have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ Sorry you had a problem with your son’s computer. It is important he has something reliable for his classes in the field he is persuing. Hope you get a replacement 

soon. I would have replaced my HP with a larger screen and color but they were not available. I haven’ seen them back in stock yet.

@shell garden Hello. That is awesome. I may get the rose gold

in the 17” laptop if they bring it back. So glad you love it. It was very easy to set up and I do like the Windows 10. I miss not having a new one as mine has been acting up but still going along.

There should be a HP laptop special near Thanksgiving or at Christmas. I have been using my iPads more lately. I am glad the rose color was beautiful and the keys showed up nicely being backlit. That I willl check out when back in stock.

I agree about some of the things that come in the software package being not installed. I would rather see a few dollars off than have those packages with them. I would sign up for the PC Support that comes with it as you may need it. They are suppose to be the ones that could answer any questions you may have. 

Take care and have a good day.

@MKR14....hi sweetie.  Yes, thank you for reminding me to install the PC support.  DUH HEAD ME, lol.  I do have that on my 15 inch one and will install on the 17" one also.

So, you are wanting a rose gold one now instead of the red?  Yes, You will LOVE it.  I hope that QVC brings this one back....do you think they will?  I would never have purchased this one if they did not have the backlit keys and the fact that the actual keys are in the rose gold color.  (that as well as the TSV price, free shipping and for me, Free tax day).  I think the rose gold and the regular gold were the only ones that had that feature, right?  I think the other colors had the black keys.  Anyway, I do hope they bring it back because I feel as though it is a very unique and "one of a kind" laptop and you will absolutely love the 17" along with the color.

Do you think there is any way to call customer service and/or go to one of the HP threads here to ask their customer service if they will ever bring this particular computer back?  And, how to get it....if you are interested in trying to get another one, that is.  Hope you do.  

I'm sorry your laptop is messing up....I have my 15" HP that is still working as well as a rose gold tablet, and of course my new 17" so I am good as far as backup.  Hope you get your new computer soon.  

Respected Contributor

@shell garden Yes I am interested in the rose gold as I was worried it would not be as pretty as you said. Red is now my second choice. The gold laptop had black keys and the rose gold was the only one with the matching colored keys. I definitely will get a 17” and pay the extra money for it. The clarity of the screen was nice also.  I am going to contact Customer Service about if they will be returning soon. If they do bring the rose gold back I hope the inside will be the same as yours. It may be in a different configuration but they only get better with each offer. I am glad you got a surprise of an earlier date for it to come. Thanks for the feedback. I had registered my PC support when I got mine so I know that was only on that laptop so I hope they will include it again with the new one I purchase in the future. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@shell garden Yes I am interested in the rose gold as I was worried it would not be as pretty as you said. Red is now my second choice. The gold laptop had black keys and the rose gold was the only one with the matching colored keys. I definitely will get a 17” and pay the extra money for it. The clarity of the screen was nice also.  I am going to contact Customer Service about if they will be returning soon. If they do bring the rose gold back I hope the inside will be the same as yours. It may be in a different configuration but they only get better with each offer. I am glad you got a surprise of an earlier date for it to come. Thanks for the feedback. I had registered my PC support when I got mine so I know that was only on that laptop so I hope they will include it again with the new one I purchase in the future. Smiley Happy

@MKR14....Trust me, you will LOVE the rose gold.  You know how they showed the "flowers, I think they are carnations" across where the tab bar is?  Well, I was concerned about that, because I didn't know if it would distract me...but NO....it's very faint and you hardly notice it at all, unless you tip it back and forth.  I am just so HAPPY with the lighted keyboard and rose gold keys.  I know it sounds crazy, but I have never seen a laptop with the colored keys like this and it's absolutely STUNNING.

Do you still have the item number?  Call CS and ask if they will bring it back and also....look for the HP thread here where the representatives from HP answer your posts and ask them if they will bring it back.  AND....I truly would explain to CS that you returned yours and was wondering (since it's relatively new), could you EXCHANGE and see if they could get you another one?  Ask HP personnel too.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.  

I fear they may not bring this particular one back (one of the main reasons I went ahead and got the rose gold).....but hopefully they will.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.  But, meantime, ask at both places, QVC customer service and hunt for the thread here where the HP reps answer your questions.

I even wonder if you could call HP directly and ask them if they have any for sale and/or if they will bring it back here?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shell garden I will contact Alex for QVC on Facebook as he is the one that found about the Cool Sense not being on the computer- which is ok with me not having it. He was excellent. I will contact CS also to see but they usually don’t know anything more about items as we do. I will watch the Insider also to see if it will return as a TSV. Thanks for the reply on the flowers inside. I wish I had went with my first idea when ordering and we would have identical laptops right now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Goodness....I went to edit my post and I must have hit the delete button, lol.

@MKR14....was gonna say that was a BRILLIANT idea to contact Alex and see if he can send you a replacement.  Just tell him you changed your mind and now want the rose gold.  It's worth a try.  I would do it now since it hasn't been too long since you returned it.

I do hope you get one.  Item number: E-231310...HP 17" Touch Laptop Intel i3, 8 gb RAM, 2 TBHD and tech support (with backlit keyboard and keys in the rose gold color).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shell garden I went on Facebook and messaged Alex the HP rep. Good news. He said they would be coming back to QVC and said the rose gold was very popular. He will notify us on his Facebook page when they will be returning as soon as he knows. I told him he was the best HP rep QVC has ever had. Alex explains the entire computer and what it has on it. He is great. I hope QVC will see what they have in the excellent Host for HP they have. They probably sell more because of his detailed specs when he demonstrates them.

I also emailed CS at QVC also. I'll see what they can find out.

I will keep you posted. Enjoy yours and have fun!

I didn't ask for a replacement as there was none when I sent mine back. I will wait until he comes back on. There is also a new Champagne Rose that is gorgeous also. Not sure if it is in this model when it comes back in.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

@shell garden I went on Facebook and messaged Alex the HP rep. Good news. He said they would be coming back to QVC and said the rose gold was very popular. He will notify us on his Facebook page when they will be returning as soon as he knows. I told him he was the best HP rep QVC has ever had. Alex explains the entire computer and what it has on it. He is great. I hope QVC will see what they have in the excellent Host for HP they have. They probably sell more because of his detailed specs when he demonstrates them.

I also emailed CS at QVC also. I'll see what they can find out.

I will keep you posted. Enjoy yours and have fun!

I didn't ask for a replacement as there was none when I sent mine back. I will wait until he comes back on. There is also a new Champagne Rose that is gorgeous also. Not sure if it is in this model when it comes back in.

@MKR14....YAY, you go girl.  Persistence is the best, especially with an HP/QVC rep like Alex.  I am so happy to hear they will be bringing this back, or something similar.

Yes, it was popular....so much that the first one to sell out was the 17" Rose gold, that is why I had to get the advanced order.  In fact, I think all of them sold out, but the 17" Rose gold was the first.

The champagne rose sounds gorgeous too....I am sure it will be just as beautiful as the rose gold, BUT...make sure you ask him to bring back the "backlit keyboard with the champagne OR rose gold keys"....because that is the feature I absolutely ADORE.  Keeping my fingers crossed you get what you love, because if you don't love it, you won't be happy and we need to be happy, lol.  KEEP ME POSTED.  YAY.

Respected Contributor

I will keep you posted. Have a great week!

I see someone else is having trouble their hp laptop as well. I bought one 17 hp touchscreen in March and hardly use it. Apparently it crashed last week and I had to do a total recovery. Tonight it frooze up and I took the battery out and had to go to my tablet to read the hp forum on troubleshooting. This is very disappointing. I did leave a review on my account but no one from qvc responded  to my email.

I am not buying anything else from this company or Hp again.

They lost another customer.