Respected Contributor

Reviews on HP Laptop TSV from August 6th

[ Edited ]

Since there is no place to leave a review I was wondering what other people think of their new HP computer? 

I really like mine more than I thought. One thing that bugged me was logging in all the time on Windows 10. I found the solution and now it comes up directly to my home screen. Yeah! I also deleted several of the games as I won't use them.

I did email QVC and they sent me the specs on the 15.6" one and I saved them with my computer data. I put all my data in a ziplock gallon bag and wrote what it was and date and it is always together when needed. I also printed out my HP Registration and Lifetime Support verification for proof of the date registered. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews on HP Laptop TSV from August 6th

No place to leave a review?  How about the review section? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I just want to tell you to be VERY careful with HP. They are NOTORIOUS for laptops crashing and their customer service sucks big time.

I have just recently had TWO HP laptops crash and they now say "no hard drive found". This happened about 2 weeks apart from one another. One is only a year old and the other is only 4 months old.

After searching for an entire day trying to find out how to get an actual person on the phone at HP, I got a man that was very heavily accented help me to only tell me what i already knew, that the Hard Drive had failed and needs replaced.

I was told that I would have the return shipping paid for with a pre-paid label. Long story, no. I called again and they went back on their word even though it was spelled out in the emailed customer summary I received. I pleaded my case but no. I have to pay to send them both back.

I was also told to NOT send back the battery and the cords. Well the sole piece of paper that came with the boxes they so graciously sent (sarcasm), says I do need to return them with the laptops. Conflicting info yet again.

I explain this as well to the person on the phone and they again say no, you need to send them back as well.

Why in the heck was this not all told to me by the first person or written out in the email I received. Why?, because HP doesn't give a ****** about customers, only making money.

Stay away from HP if you can. I know I will be from now on.

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

Since there is no place to leave a review I was wondering what other people think of their new HP computer? 

I really like mine more than I thought. One thing that bugged me was logging in all the time on Windows 10. I found the solution and now it comes up directly to my home screen. Yeah! I also deleted several of the games as I won't use them.

I did email QVC and they sent me the specs on the 15.6" one and I saved them with my computer data. I put all my data in a ziplock gallon bag and wrote what it was and date and it is always together when needed. I also printed out my HP Registration and Lifetime Support verification for proof of the date registered. Smiley Happy 

@MKR14.....YAY, I am glad you love your new pretty, gold HP laptop.  Still waiting on my rose gold one.

I love WINDOWS 10...on my present laptop.  (It was upgraded automatically a few weeks ago with the new Creator version).  I am very pleased with HP products and my present laptop is HP.  This rose gold is an upgrade for me with the 8 GB and 2 TB...plus, I love the fact it has a lighted keyboard.

I should be getting mine next week some time, so will get that up and running when I have time and install my advanced vipre antivirus that I purchased from HSN soon, hopefully, after receiving my laptop.

I am so glad you love yours.  I think we did GREAT!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624....there is no place to leave a review.  After the TSV, which most of them sold out, it seems as though QVC took it down from the site.  Possibly because whatever did not sell out (which was very few) went back to HP and not stored in the warehouse at the Q.  So, it would be appropriate for those of us who did purchase this particular laptop to leave a review on @MKR14's thread.

Have a great day.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624, if the item is no longer available then QVC will not let you leave a review.

Esteemed Contributor

I just spoke to customer service today in fact.My TSV is being returned to QVC.I bought it for my son .It freezes all the time.He was trying to write a paper for a law class today & couldn't finish it.The laptop kept freezing .He had to keep restarting it!!

I bought my son an HP TSV laptop 7 years ago that works better than this one.I guess the quality isn't there anymore!! Can anybody recommend a good laptop that I can buy?

Valued Contributor

good to hear that u feel good abt hp ..

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14....HEY!  Just wanted you to know that my ROSE GOLD TSV came as earlier planned.  Q had sent me an email stating that it would be in October, but I got it and set it up today!

I LOVE IT!!!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!!  LOL.

The rose gold is BEAUTIFUL, love the 17 inch and the lighted keyboard and the keys in rose gold are STUNNING!!!  I did great, I think.

I hope you find your red 17" laptop soon.  Get one with the lighted keys, because OMGosh, it is out of this world.  

Like I said earlier, I don't use the microsoft package and didn't get the laptop with that.  I only use it mainly for email, ordering and posting on websites.  So, even though I got the "Family package of apps"....I am not loading it on the laptop right now, because I never use the ones that were already loaded on my present (15 inch one).

DID I MENTION I LOVE MY ROSE GOLD 17" TSV from HP?  LOL!!!  

Hope you are doing well.  

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I just spoke to customer service today in fact.My TSV is being returned to QVC.I bought it for my son .It freezes all the time.He was trying to write a paper for a law class today & couldn't finish it.The laptop kept freezing .He had to keep restarting it!!

I bought my son an HP TSV laptop 7 years ago that works better than this one.I guess the quality isn't there anymore!! Can anybody recommend a good laptop that I can buy?

@NicksmomESQ...oh, I am so sorry to hear this.  I was on advanced order for my 17" HP TSV in Rose gold and received it and set it up.  I absolutely LOVE MINE.

Hope you find something for your son soon.  You are a good mother.