Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Review--Samsung 8" tablet from Costco

This is in the latest coupon booklet from Costco:  Samsung Galaxy Tab A for $99.99--8 inches.  I got it and set it up quickly as it is like my Samsung A50 cell phone.  It is very responsive and the battery seems to last a long time.  Easy to use if you like Androids. I highly recommend if you are looking for a new tablet.  

It is tiresome to hold for any length of time,  I need to get a case or one of those holders to stick on the back.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review--Samsung 8" tablet from Costco

I have that one as well and I really like it.  I added it to my phone plan so I could get data so I can use it as a gps and emails when traveling.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia I just looked at it yesterday at Costco. Is it the 8.0? It seemed so small I didn't buy it. I'm not sure I looked at the right one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH swears by Samsung tablets while I'm a Fire gal.  I've used 10" but reverted to 8" size as its plenty big enough to see, light weight and easy to drop in any of my purses.

Respected Contributor

@manny2.   It's 8 inches, not sure what it says in the store.  On the box it says Samsung Galaxy Tab A.  It is on the Costco website too.  

It is small if you are used to laptops or 10" tablets.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

@PinkyPetunia I just looked at it yesterday at Costco. Is it the 8.0? It seemed so small I didn't buy it. I'm not sure I looked at the right one.

@manny2

Yes, an 8" tablet is small. You may want to look at an 10.4" Samsung tablets or the classic iPad.

I have used Samsung tablets for a few years. I have owned a few 8" tablets. Today, my eyes are too old for a device this size. You need a tablet with a quality display of 2560X1600 to zoom the display without distorting the text. 

I like the Samsung S6 lite 64GB. This tablet includes an S-pen. I own an S7+.

Sometimes Amazon and Best Buy will have a sale. 

Amazon has the lowest price on the iPad classic. 

Apple is releasing a new iPad Pro today. Some folks will buy an S7 plus, because it cost less. You will see open-box items at a great price online. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Nuttmeg I have an iPad, but thought this would be easy to carry in my purse. I just didn't realize how small it was.