Super Contributor

Removing photos from Tracfone Question..

I accidently imported all my photos from my IPad to my new Tracfone. If I delete them from my Tracfone, does that also delete them from my IPad? I don't want to tie up all that storage on my Tracfone. Thanks in advance. Susi.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Removing photos from Tracfone Question..

@Susic wrote:

I accidently imported all my photos from my IPad to my new Tracfone. If I delete them from my Tracfone, does that also delete them from my IPad? I don't want to tie up all that storage on my Tracfone. Thanks in advance. Susi.

@Susic 

Is your Tracfone an "i" product? I don't own any of those, all of our mobile devices are Android systems. I didn't know that an iPad would auto transfer files to an Android.

I can't help you but I am sure the "i " contributors will be able to help you.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Susic wrote:

@Susic 

You should not delete the photos from your phone without a second copy. 

IPad, Do you have a backup on your Apple cloud account?

Yes, You can restore photos to your iPad.

Apple has paid storage. 

Phone, you can save your photos to a SD card.

Here are other choices for your devices.

Google Photos and Amazon Photos for Prime customers.

I use Google photo app and paid storage from my wireless company. 

Super Contributor

Thank you. No, tracfone is an Android. That is a good idea about SD card transfer. I have one, so might as well use it. New phone so still figuring it out. Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susic wrote:

Thank you. No, tracfone is an Android. That is a good idea about SD card transfer. I have one, so might as well use it. New phone so still figuring it out. Thank you!

@Susic

JMO, we all need to have a backup copy of everything on a phone or tablet. 

Apple gives customers 5GB of free storage to backup apps, settings, and photos. You can use this storage to restore your data to your device.

Google and Amazon photo both give you ftee storage of unlimited pictures of a certain size on your iPad or Smartphone. 

The Amazon app make the storage process easy. You just need to install the app and open it

The Google Photo app will automatically move my pictures to the cloud using Wi-Fi.  You may need Google Help to get started.

Another option a YouTube video.

Enjoy your new phone.