Respected Contributor

@lainey1  I took your advise and ordered the ZVOX 200 and had it installed today.  It is truly amazing.  The sound is so good.  I took it to the test and played a DVD on my Sony blue ray player.  It was "Random Harvest" from the early 1940s.  I was never able to really understand everything from these old movies.  But today it blew me away.  Everything was crystal clear.

Thank you so much for your suggesting this.  I am looking forward to watching quite a few of my old movies over Christmas and New Years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Received my new Soundbar

Does this work with most TVs or this is it part of a system. My tv is fine but the acoustics in my home are terrible and the sound gets lost. 

Thanks! Glad you’re loving yours!

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse  As far as I know it works with any TV.   I have a Sharp Aquos that I bought about 10 years ago from QVC.  The picture is incredible the sound is not.  

I have the news on and it is amazing.  The sound is very clear even the people that don't have TV or radio voices sound clear.  My TV is at the end of my 24' living room and I can hear it clearly in my kitchen next to the other end without raising the sound.  Also, sometimes the sound goes way up during some commercials; well, that doesn't happen anymore.

You can read tons of reviews on Amazon dot com.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@lainey1  I took your advise and ordered the ZVOX 200 and had it installed today.  It is truly amazing.  The sound is so good.  I took it to the test and played a DVD on my Sony blue ray player.  It was "Random Harvest" from the early 1940s.  I was never able to really understand everything from these old movies.  But today it blew me away.  Everything was crystal clear.

Thank you so much for your suggesting this.  I am looking forward to watching quite a few of my old movies over Christmas and New Years.

@CLEM

I'm so happy you ordered it and you like it! It really is amazing, isn't it? It's so nice to be able to watch shows without having to rewind to see what was said or watch with the closed captioning. Watching tv is actually enjoyable now!

Enjoy!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Does this work with most TVs or this is it part of a system. My tv is fine but the acoustics in my home are terrible and the sound gets lost. 

Thanks! Glad you’re loving yours!

@GenXmuse

I agree with what CLEM said. It should work with any tv, regardless of how old it is. You could always call ZVOX and ask if this model would work with your tv just to be sure. It does come with several options of how to hook it up to your tv. 

The model is ZVOX AV200 AccuVoice Soundbar with Dialogue Boost. 

Read the reviews on HSN (where I bought mine) or Amazon. Lots of rave reviews!

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@GenXmuse  As far as I know it works with any TV.   I have a Sharp Aquos that I bought about 10 years ago from QVC.  The picture is incredible the sound is not.  

I have the news on and it is amazing.  The sound is very clear even the people that don't have TV or radio voices sound clear.  My TV is at the end of my 24' living room and I can hear it clearly in my kitchen next to the other end without raising the sound.  Also, sometimes the sound goes way up during some commercials; well, that doesn't happen anymore.

You can read tons of reviews on Amazon dot com.

Check what type of connection it uses and make sure you have the right type. 

Honored Contributor

Great! Thank you so much. I found the same sound bar at Walmart for $149 so I’ll go wth them. It looks like It should be a fit!

Respected Contributor

I have been listening to one of the music channels on the TV for a few hours now and the sound is amazing, amazing.  I am so glad I got it.

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse

I hope you'll be as happy with it as CLEM and I are with ours! That's a great price too!

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

I have been listening to one of the music channels on the TV for a few hours now and the sound is amazing, amazing.  I am so glad I got it.

@CLEM

I never thought to listen to one of the music channels with it! Will try it later today.