Trusted Contributor

Re: Really cool thing about my new Google chromebook

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is the memory on these things expandable?  The ones I've seen have very little memory.  I'd be on overload in no time.

You can find them at different price levels and with different amounts of RAM available, too. 

On the whole, they have come down in price too, since they first came out.

Like gardenman said, they come with a certain amount of free Cloud storage, and then you can buy extra for it if you want to.

I have what I call a more basic HP 11.6'' Chromebook, and my DH has the same size in an Acer Chromebook.

As I mentioned above, you can get them in larger sizes if you want to. 

Our Chromebooks are similar to each other except the hard drives in them are a little different. Mine is a little bit newer than his and has a flash drive in it, and his doesn't. 

I'm editing my reply to add that whether or not a Chromebook is for you, is something that someone would have to decide for themself.

If you're someone who just likes to surf the net and does some Word Processing, likes to watch online videos, and checks e-mails, it can work out perfectly fine for you.

This is what we use ours for. Neither of us wanted to work with Windows anymore. That was a choice that we both decided to make for ourselves. With a Chromebook, it works with Google Apps.

It has a Word Processing program called Google Docs that you use for your Word processing. 

You don't download any software to it, like you would if you were using a Windows-based PC, or a Mac, and it doesn't use a CD/DVD drive/optical drive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Really cool thing about my new Google chromebook

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is the memory on these things expandable?  The ones I've seen have very little memory.  I'd be on overload in no time.

Most are not upgradable.