Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quick Tracfone Questions

@Frangelina wrote:

@Jordan2

E235441

For $50 plus one year with 1500 talk/text data. I'm sure you're spending more adding minutes. It is a good phone, ANDROID 10.0, 32gb storage, expanable to 32gb more, octacoe processing. Easy pay, get yourself a new phone. I bought this one, I like it, easybto transfer everything with transfer wizard. Just saying....

@Frangelina

Why are you pushing this phone? It is an LG K31 and the company is no longer in the phone business. It will not get an Android upgrades to 11, and the wireless adapter  is not an dual band ac, but an "n", slow. 

I check all processors at Notebookcheck.net. This site reviews all products cell phones, tablets and laptops.

Tracfone has been selling off  phones all summer. The sale to Verizon is in its final stage, and it will be interesting what this company  will look like with a new owner. 

Esteemed Contributor

How do you get off the plan and just buy add ons?

Occasional Contributor

Not possible to just buy add ons alone, you must have an active service plan to buy the add ons as needed.

Occasional Contributor

Not pushing that phone, just the price of the phone with the year of service is a no brainer if you need to buy a new year of service which is $125, why pay more?

Esteemed Contributor

@Frangelina wrote:

Not pushing that phone, just the price of the phone with the year of service is a no brainer if you need to buy a new year of service which is $125, why pay more?

Yes, getting the service for $49 is great,but the phone is not. What does a person do?

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Frangelina wrote:

Yes, getting the service for $49 is great,but the phone is not. What does a person do?

You can get the new phone and service. Transfer your old account to the new phone. Then reactivate your old phone and deactivate the new one. Everything should end up on the old phone that way.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I have three active TracFones.

They all originally came with the "one year plus1500/1500/1500 package deal. I don't buy packages, plans, or auto refills to keep them going.

Just this morning I got a text from TracFone reminding me I only had 3 airtime days left on one of the phones. After checking my balance I saw that phone was getting low on talk minutes too.

Since I primarily use that phone for making business calls I bought 500 talk minutes ($10.00) and 365 service days ($49.99), à la carte.

20210822_095910.jpg

Occasional Contributor

So there it is, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  I wanted to add, one of the smartest things you can do for yourself is establish an account on the TracFone website.

You can buy any combination of time and minutes you need, check your balance, activate or deactivate phones, charge your purchases, etc.

No need to run out and buy those little plan cards at the store, which aren't refundable if there's a glitch.

Also, I think of TracFone as pretty much a do it yourself company.

There is lots of help on their website, and in older thread here, if you just take the time to read them.

Ask here if you can't find it in their website.

There are exceptions, but usually if you call their customer service you'll get someone who struggles with English. If there's anything you can do for yourself, DO IT instead of asking them to do it for you. Most of the negative feedback about TracFone involves difficulty communicating with their CS.

Esteemed Contributor

@Frangelina : 

Snapped it just for you. ☺

Myself and other TracFone users have written out the "how-to" get the $49 one year at least a dozen times. (See forum search.)

The short version is, this is not a normal item on the menu.

It's it's a bonus, a "thank you" that is only offered on the website (not on those cards in the stores), and only when you're buying other things on their website.

It doesn't appear until you're at the checkout, and they've tweaked the requirements a few times in recent years.

I think it now requires a $10.00 minimum purchase before it appears. Also, people tried to put things in their cart, add the $49 special, then remove everything else from the cart. I think that's blocked now.