Honored Contributor

Re: Questions About My Old Panasonic Cordless Phone

@juperier wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Check for batteries at Amazon.  I got batteries for my 2 Uniden phones for less than $10., and have one extra. They've been working great for several months.  Charge the phones once a week.   Just make sure the connection is identical to what you've got. 

@Kachina624   I have a Uniden as my kitchen wallphone.   I found the same  item # battery at WM.....but the battery plug was larger..........so I "operated" on it with a paring knife.   I got it to fit.    (I can't find a NEW cordless with a wall bracket that fits in the space I have.)

@Desertdi Unless you have a background in electronics, I wouldn't recommend "operating" on the battery plug (by which I'm assuming you mean the plug on the adaptor/charger that plugs into the phone). You could easily damage the phone and/or create a fire hazzard if the electronics in the power supply don't match up with what the phone requires. In other words, there may well be important differences other than the plug not fitting.

@juperier   I don't "mess" with high-voltage stuff (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Questions About My Old Panasonic Cordless Phone

The only thing that seems to make any sense at all to me is to throw the old phone away.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau