Honored Contributor

I suddenly can not  post pictures off of my iPad on this forum. I always could post pictures  here before  and I still can on other sites.  It  Seems like something with the QVC website set up recently withhin the last month.

It says:  CODE ERROR, INVALID FILE TYPE when  I try to post a picture.  Does anyone know what that means?

Super Contributor

I post pictures from my iPad all the time. Click the square picture in the reply box. Click, at the top of the box that comes up, "choose file," then click on "all photos." Click on the picture you want, and then click on "insert image." That should do it. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@Apple Crisp yes, that is what I do to down load pictures, but now when I try to down load them on QVC it says  CODE ERROR, INVALID FILE TYPE.  It just says that on QVC. All other sites I can download pictures.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for iPad users

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

The type of file the Q forum will accept must end in .jpg

If you put your pictures in Pinterest, then transfer them back to the forum here, they will post.

This is a major hassle.

I downloaded an app for this called png to jpg HTH

Still a hassle

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_4337.JPG

No problem here. Clicked on picture box and uploaded from Photos on my ipad air 2. I am running most recent IOS.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I suddenly can not  post pictures off of my iPad on this forum. I always could post pictures  here before  and I still can on other sites.  It  Seems like something with the QVC website set up recently withhin the last month.

It says:  CODE ERROR, INVALID FILE TYPE when  I try to post a picture.  Does anyone know what that means?

It Did that to me too. It Let me post one picture with no problem,  then wouldn't allow any more. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden, @Apple Crisp, @LTT1, @Shawnie, @PurpleBunny

Normally, this website will accept the iPad images with any of the various, usual image-type suffixes.   What some of us have noticed is that occasionally after a new iOS version is released this website forgets how to play nicely, and temporarily it won't accept all the image types.    I'm not feeling well...  rather than try to explain I'll post the link to a long, detailed, and very helpful thread (with all our very helpful posters! thumbs up gif) from the last time this happened.  

I'll add a post to it, with notifications, or you can just click this link and read.    I think you'll find this to be the solution:

Question for those who use IPad to post images

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Question-for-those-who-use-IPad-to-post-images/m-p/319559...

(tagging a few moderators so they can let the IT support folks know this technical glitch is back -- @Beth-QVC, @Eva-QVC, @Barbara-QVC, @Wayne-QVC)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Pictures grabbed off the internet to repost on the forums are often in .png format. For whatever reason, at some point within the last several months something about the forum software has changed and all photos must be in .jpg format to post here.

Photos straight from your camera should already be in .jpg format.

Any free photo editing program pretty much automatically converts an edited photo into .jpg. I use free Photoshop Express app on my iPad & phone. Make some minor tweak to the photo, save it and you will be able to post the saved photo.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo And all those who offered suggestions....thank-you!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden@Moonchilde@dooBdoo@PurpleBunny@Shawnie

@Shawnie. Love your quilt!

Is everybody pretty much clear on the posting of pictures?

It is a lot of information to swallow in 

"ONE BYTE!!!" LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~