Trusted Contributor

Question about a Honda 2013 GPS

My battery died on Saturday.  AAA came and installed a new battery.  Since them my GPS in on some kind of night mode (very dark almost black) can't see for backing up it's so dark.

Does anyone know how to get the map back to daytime the norm.. I've had the car 4 years and this has never occurred.  I am clueless to things like this any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks

Jamma

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about a Honda 2013 GPS

Have you read your car user manual?

Your car is still under warranty.  Call the dealership where you purchased the car and/or the GPS manufacturer.  Contact info should be there if the UPS is separate from the car warranty.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Your car is still under warranty.  Call the dealership where you purchased the car and/or the GPS manufacturer.  Contact info should be there if the UPS is separate from the car warranty.

I live in an apartment --no garage.  Can't get to my car thay have not shoveled or plowed yet.

Thanks,

Jamma

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Yes to all of this. I always check the owner's manual for things like this.

And check the time on your clock. If the GPS is tied to the clock and the clock is set for PM instead of AM, that could be the cause. You should also check for a Settings option within the GPS system and see if you can find a daytime/nighttime toggle switch there or an internal clock within the GPS system.

If that's no help or you do not have one, you can always try driving to the dealership and asking if someone there can help you with the setting. It won't take them long and if they are smart, they will happily show you how to change it so that you remember their helpfulness when you next need to purchase a car.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

Thanks, 

Jamma

New Contributor

I find you can find a Youtube video for just about anything that needs to be fixed!  Give it a shot!

Esteemed Contributor

Does your radio use a code to work after the battery is disconnected?

Trusted Contributor

@Trixie24 @Nuttmeg

Thanks Mag I can try that,

Sorry nutmeg I am tech challanged don;t have a clue what you mean.

Thanks Ladies.

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

@Trixie24 wrote:

I find you can find a Youtube video for just about anything that needs to be fixed!  Give it a shot!

I just tried that---they wanted money and I felt uncomfortable giving out my credit card information.

Is this the norm?

Jamma

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your service manual will tell you how to get your GPS working again. 

I had a old 2003 Honda. It needed a code entered in the radio, if the battery is disconnected. This was an anti-thief device. Newer cars today use a fancy remote.