Respected Contributor

Question About Ad's On Husband's Phone....

[ Edited ]

showing items I have looked at in the past.  How is that happening?? He shows me ads from Q or JTV or any other network popping up on the side of articles he might be reading!  This has been happening for a good while now and I know he doesn't like it but I don't know how to make it stop.

I get it when they are on my phone but not his....any suggestions?

And one other thing....I don't get ad's for things he might read about or look at stalking me where I go online....how is that possible??

hmm another thing if I watch YouTube videos on certain content he's been getting some ads that seem to follow that also....again I don't have that happen to me from him...this is so strange.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Ad's On Husband's Phone....

Download/install an ad blocker.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite Same thing here. Things I have looked at on shopping websites, popping up on his phone. Also, even things we have talked about, as though our phones are listening 😳.kinda creepy.

Honored Contributor

Phones can hear you talking.

Respected Contributor

I am asking spouse if he ever did this right now.....found a guy on youtube demoing it....says it's in play store for android phone...but it's a browser you use has about 3stars rating.

Husband says something about Samsung already supposed to have something on phone but no way is that working I see ads all the time.

Perhaps I need it on my laptop too?  

I'll keep watching about it on Youtube until he gets home then we can try out something.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Phones can hear you talking.

Really?  I hope not LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@Azcowgirl 

Your "smart electronics" - phone & computer, TV, Kindle, etc. - ARE listenting to you - they may even be recording you.  If you can talk to it....Siri, what time is it?  Alexis, play a certain song, TV find "Friends" etc. then you potentially are being listened to/recorded at any time you are near this equipment.  If it can hear your request it can hear anything you say or sound you make.  Haven't you seen the many stories in the news about various situations where these companies have admitted to it?  Do some Google searches on the subject - it is surprising to say the least.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Regular Contributor

Not only are the devices listening to you but also transcribing your conversations.  Apple (I think or maybe it was Google) just apologized for recording people being intimate in their own homes and promised to never do it again----yeah, okaaayyyyy.

Honored Contributor

@Forbidden Fruit 

Could that because some people have their phones set up to ring on smart tvs??

I don't for that reasoning....on my tracphone..i mainley send just text messages...i don't even have it set up for voice male...but thats just me as i don't use it often.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Regular Contributor

@cowboy sam 

I'm sorry for the delay in answering you.  I'm not on the boards a lot. 

First of all, I want to say I'm no expert.  I just read a lot from a variety of different sources.

Personally, I don't think it matters if your device is on/off or how it is hooked up.  My understanding is that the all tech devices have "back doors" to access your "life."  This has been going on for decades. Not saying it's right by any means but the tech companies now have us all conditioned to it and a lot of people are addicted to their devices.  There is a lot of information being made more available to the public.  I would recommend doing any type of research and use different browsers (due to censorship) and read as much as you can. 

Interesting note, all my devices are connected.  I did not do this myself.  For example, I'm at work typing this on a work computer.  When I go home whatever I looked up at work on break/lunch hour is on my personal tablet and/or phone when I use them. I don't even sign in.  Personally, I think we are way more advanced medically, scientifically and tech wise than what we are being told.