Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC selling the Samsung Galaxy SKy Tracfone

@apple1964 wrote:

Another reason I would never get a electronic from a shopping channel. I would go into a store and talk to a someone who works there to get all the information about the phone and the minutes/data and everything that goes along with a smart phone or any electronic.

@apple1964, that struck me as funny, because I would NEVER buy a phone directly from TracFone, and I always recommend buying a Tracfone from either QVC or HSN.

As to brick and morter sales staff, (like TV sales staff) they are more motivated to make a sale, than to be 100% complete/thorough in what they tell you.

If I didn't own a "single bucket" TracFone, where all minutes are minutes, but can be used as you will for talk, text, or data,  I wouldn't understand the references to smartphone "triple buckets" (where minutes are specifically designated talk, texts, and data), which is not the same as triple minutes.

Clear as mud, right?

So I completely understand customer confusion.

@deeva 

Esteemed Contributor

John wrote

I'm with you on Major Electronic purchases, but less than $100 cell phone? We part ways. Unless all retail stores have upped their wages, I doubt the sales clerks are experts on every Android cell that hits the market.

Absolutely agree John.

With the differences between phone carriers, between phone service providers, and between phone features, plans, and options I suspect some brick-and-mortar sales staff are just winging it to make the sale.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally disagree with some of you. I would never buy any electronic from QVC or HSN because, they sell items that are older items with bundles I will never use or want. JMHO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seldom use my phone so have had Tracfone for years.  Almost 2 years ago I upgraded to a former QVC TSV smart phone.  Last year I  added a year's service to it.  I then realized it is cheaper to buy a new phone package.  (though I do not use most of the things included)

Recently I purchase this from HSN (it was a TS and I had more than enough Spendable Kash to cover the price) and really like it.  I find myself "playing" with more and more things on it.  Had I not purchased this one I would definitely consider the upcoming TSV.

LG X Style 5” Gorilla Glass 4G LTE Android Tracfone

Respected Contributor

This is really a good deal.  I bought this same phone and minutes from HSN in December for $20 more (not that I could have waited until now as my time was running out and I either needed to upgrade or purchase minutes).  Very happy with this phone and would recommend it, although I've only used it for talk and text so far...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JGalt wrote:

QVC is now offering the Samsung Galaxy Sky Tracfone. Item E230334, priced at $99.96

I bought this phone from HSN when it was sold there early December, but had to return it.  I thought it was a great phone, but it is CDMA (Verizon) and although that is supposed to work here, I could not get the phone to work.

I know, I boughtt my Samsung Tracfone from HSN around the same time you did. I bought the Samsung On5 back in November, I think it was a pre black friday sale. When I bought it was $109.00 on 4 flex pays, free shipping. Then it was like a week or so later they were offering this one the Sky model. I was considering returning the one I bought, with it beiing eligible for Holiday return. I wouldn't have returned though until after I changed over. The Samsung On5 and the sky look axactly the same. The Sky interested me because of the Amoled screen, and the 16GB of storage. I do love my On5 though. I know QVC has the Sky as TSV at $99.00. HSN has the Sky, and On5 back up well over $100.00 The sky is $179.00, and the On5 is $149.00. I didn't care one way or the other abouth the case that came with, just a flimsy piece of plastic cover that doesn't really offer any protection. I bought a nice case for under $10.00 on Amazon.IMG_20170214_002631.jpg

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I totally disagree with some of you. I would never buy any electronic from QVC or HSN because, they sell items that are older items with bundles I will never use or want. JMHO.

@apple1964

I never buy a Tracfone without checking all the specs on it. If it has the newest Android, or close to it/RAM/good quad processor, that's enough for me. Where I have purchased all my Tracfones, the Model number is there for anyone that wants to do their research before buying any Tracfone.

"Bundles I never use"? While I'd prefer using the Internal Memory for software of my choice, I take what they offer. You don't use a vehicle or AC charger or the case? I use all of them.

Just sayin'

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

hckynut wrote:

apple1964 wrote:

@apple1964

I never buy a Tracfone without checking all the specs on it. If it has the newest Android, or close to it/RAM/good quad processor, that's enough for me. Where I have purchased all my Tracfones, the Model number is there for anyone that wants to do their research before buying any Tracfone.

"Bundles I never use"? While I'd prefer using the Internal Memory for software of my choice, I take what they offer. You don't use a vehicle or AC charger or the case? I use all of them.

Just sayin'

hckynut(john)

@apple1964, I'm so pleased you have a seller you have confidence in. I tend to have more confidence in the buyer - me.

I research before I buy, I know what I require, and I don't buy what I don't want.

I have no use for the Samsung account or their "special app bundles".  Just because they offer it doesn't mean you have to install it. Install what you want. That's what the Playstore is for.

John @hckynut, I love your new avatar. john.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Another reason I would never get a electronic from a shopping channel. I would go into a store and talk to a someone who works there to get all the information about the phone and the minutes/data and everything that goes along with a smart phone or any electronic.

@apple1964, that struck me as funny, because I would NEVER buy a phone directly from TracFone, and I always recommend buying a Tracfone from either QVC or HSN.

As to brick and morter sales staff, (like TV sales staff) they are more motivated to make a sale, than to be 100% complete/thorough in what they tell you.

If I didn't own a "single bucket" TracFone, where all minutes are minutes, but can be used as you will for talk, text, or data,  I wouldn't understand the references to smartphone "triple buckets" (where minutes are specifically designated talk, texts, and data), which is not the same as triple minutes.

Clear as mud, right?

So I completely understand customer confusion.

@deeva 

Okay .... whatever floats your boat.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't get the Tracfone Samsung Sky with the Rhinestone back so I didn't order it when it was the TSV and there was no waitlist for it. I decided since it is only $10.00 more now to check out the waitlist one to see if it was there. Before there was only the black on the waitlist. They had the Rhinestone available so I just ordered it. Probably someone either cancelled the order or their payment didn't go through so I was able to order it. I have been following all the reviews here and on HSN and was pleased at what I saw.

I have been very pleased with the LGL41C but will love the newer larger screen and updates. I am sure I can pass this LG onto one of my grandchildren or kids. It said it will ship on the 23rd. Smiley Happy