Honored Contributor

What does everyone think about this laptop? It comes in touchscreen and non touchscreen. The touchscreen is $649.94 and the non touchscreen is $599.94. I'm not that knowledgeable about computers, is this a good deal? Also do most of you take out contracts for your computers? I passed on the HP laptop that was a TS on HSN, it was 17" too big for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

What does everyone think about this laptop? It comes in touchscreen and non touchscreen. The touchscreen is $649.94 and the non touchscreen is $599.94. I'm not that knowledgeable about computers, is this a good deal? Also do most of you take out contracts for your computers? I passed on the HP laptop that was a TS on HSN, it was 17" too big for me.

This is not a quality build. Please find an Apple Air 2018 with Apple 🍎 Care. 

You need to make two choices 128GB or 256GB soIid state drive.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

This is not a quality build. Please find an Apple Air 2018 with Apple 🍎 Care. 

You need to make two choices 128GB or 256GB soIid state drive.

@Nuttmeg I value your opinion, you seem very knowledgeable. Do you think for the most part the laptops offered by QVC and HSN aren’t very good? Some of us ( myself included) don’t know enough about what to look for in a laptop, somehow seeing a presentation of the computer can be helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC HP 15" TSV Laptop

[ Edited ]

Jordan, Thank you for the kind words.

A person needs to read a spec sheet. Then go online and look up the processor. You check the amount of RAM, wireless card,the speed of hard drive and the display. Then you say pass or fail This goes for all tech products.

Apple has great hardware, and you can buy extended tech support. You will be able to get help, a phone call

or authorized dealer.

You may want to ask folks here, where to buy an Air?

Honored Contributor

I guess it depends on what you are going to use a computer for. My preference is to buy one that is up-to-date with technology at a price which I can afford. Then in about the time that technology goes to the wayside, I'm usually looking to buy another one. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

@SilleeMee wrote:

I guess it depends on what you are going to use a computer for. My preference is to buy one that is up-to-date with technology at a price which I can afford. Then in about the time that technology goes to the wayside, I'm usually looking to buy another one. 

I agree. I try to avoid bad technology. It takes work.

Yesterday  I got a security update on a Samsung S2 tablet. There may be a nasty bug out roaming around. I read something last week. 

Occasional Contributor

I bought two of these and they just arrived. I don't need something hi-tech, neither does hubby, just something that works , he does alot of youtube old vids, I do alot of shopping and emails.

Well, one doesn't work. The back lit keys don't work and hubby gets to one part of the start up and the screen is just all blue. He went back, restarted, and same thing so it will have to be sent back. Rather disappointing as now he will have to wait again for another one to come through the mail. 

So far so good with this one, keeping fingers crossed. I hope we can get a replacement as I see they have sold out , too.

Good luck to others that have bought this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MagentaL wrote:

I bought two of these and they just arrived. I don't need something hi-tech, neither does hubby, just something that works , he does alot of youtube old vids, I do alot of shopping and emails.

Well, one doesn't work. The back lit keys don't work and hubby gets to one part of the start up and the screen is just all blue. He went back, restarted, and same thing so it will have to be sent back. Rather disappointing as now he will have to wait again for another one to come through the mail. 

So far so good with this one, keeping fingers crossed. I hope we can get a replacement as I see they have sold out , too.

Good luck to others that have bought this. 

Please return this computer and buy the replacement from HP direct. You can find a laptop of your choice.

Respected Contributor

I bought an HP laptop for my grandson from QVC in 12/17 - it died three times in 10 months.  After the third time HP refunded part of what I paid for it.  QVC has a 30 day warranty period.  Just something to consider.  I think it's better to buy directly from the company.  Or Walmart.  

Occasional Contributor

I had to come back for an update! I should have waited to post until I looked at the laptop as sometimes hubby is in a hurry, can't get things to work his way, and won't ask for help! I got everything to work, backlight included and set him up. Just wanted to make sure I posted this addon. So far, I am happy with my purchases.