Highlighted
Super Contributor

Problem with Tracfone Moto g7 Fingerprint Recognition

Just got new Tracfone  Moto G7/Optimo Maxx. Was my easiest transfer ever from prior LG Tracfone. I put in pin as well as fingerprint recognition during set up. Everything transferred and I can get and make phone calls. I shut off phone and now I can't get phone to unlock. The screen is dim, says Moto actions is active, but my password and my fingerprint won't unlock it so I can get to all the apps. Can only make 911 call. Has anyone had experience with this proble? Is there a way to reset password and or get rid of fingerprint option. Thank you, Susi

Super Contributor

Re: Problem with Tracfone Moto g7 Fingerprint Recognition

Fixed it! Don't know how, but I was able to remove lock feature. 

Respected Contributor

I just bought this phone from HSN ($99 and free S & H) but have not recieved it yet.  I do  not plan to use the fingerprint recognition.  I prefer the pin.  I think I read you can choose. Glad you fixed your problem.  Hope the phone is as good as all the reviews say!!

Super Contributor

it is a nice phone. I bought it on HSN too. I usually don't use the lock option , but got distracted during set up , and missed the part about just using pin only.  Flashlight part is really nice. Havent checked out all the extra stuff yet. It was very easy to transfer from old Tracfone, except the finger print part lol.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Am I the only one? Fingerprint Recognition does not work for me, not with this phone or any other or my computer or iPads.  I have very dry skin, wash my hands many times a day and use lotion.  I have tried different fingers but cannot reliably get recognition on any.

Regarding the G7, I very much dislike it and am very mad at myself for not returning it.  But I didn't know what I would get in replacement and still wonder if it's the Android version that mainly causes my issues.

A BIG problem for me is the phone does not notify of notifications.  Well, technically it does, by having a miniscule invisible dot at the bottom of the phone, but I was used to phones having a blinking red light.  When I saw the light flashing, I would know to check the phone for texts or msgs.

Also my other phones announced who was calling me (people in my contacts), so I could decide if I were going to get up and go to the phone when it rang.  Anyone know if this phone does this?  I've looked at all settings, Accessibility, etc. and cannot find.

The only good thing about the phone is the extraordinary long battery life.