Respected Contributor

Problem message across page Mary G Ross 110th birthday

[ Edited ]

I cannot get rid of this, it has followed me from here to fb, Zappos, every site I go on. Please heol. TYIA

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem message across page Mary G Ross 110th birthday

@Mama Mia

You provided no system info for anyone to help.  That being said.....

Are you using a computer or mobile device?

If computer, Mac or PC?

Which OS are you using - comp?

Which iOS are you using - mobile device?

Which browser & version are you using?

Have you tried switching browsers?

Tried restarting?

What have you already tried re trouble shooting?  Need this info to avoid the "been there done that" scenarios.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mama Mia,  this is a totally random first guess, but the Mary G Ross 110th birthday was celebrated in the Google doodle on August 9, so I'm thinking your browser has picked up related cookies or cache that need to be removed.   

The first and quickest troubleshooting steps:  delete all browser cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser and relaunch it  and/or  try a different browser.   If that doesn't help, your device might need more thorough "cleaning" -- you don't say specifically what you're using, so the answers have to be generic.    I hope that helps, or I hope someone else has a better and more effective solution.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I was typing -- and dealing with interruptions🙃 -- so I didn't see your post, @Mz iMac.😊   I agree with you.    It's hard to troubleshoot with minimal information, but I also understand that people sometimes aren't sure what info to provide.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On another note, I have a question...if you do not allow cookies does that mean your password will not be remembered when visiting a site?

Mac OS 10.13.5.....MacBook Air, (if that info matters)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

On another note, I have a question...if you do not allow cookies does that mean your password will not be remembered when visiting a site?

Mac OS 10.13.5.....MacBook Air, (if that info matters)

@Mom2Dogs,  You don't need cookies to permanently save  your user ID and password  ("permanently" meaning that it will be there for you and won't change unless you decide you want to change it).    When you answer the prompt to save login information for a website it's saved in your browser.   Also, on an Apple computer it’s usually saved in the "Keychain," which is Apple's password management system.    In both cases, you can access the saved encrypted login info in the event that you've forgotten it.   

You can search for articles about Apple keychain (or take a look at support.apple.com/kb/PH25230?locale=en_US) and also for the specific steps to see how each browser saves website passwords and allows you to look them up.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo, thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@dooBdoo, thank you!

You're welcome, @Mom2Dogs!😊