Valued Contributor

Pre-Paid phone question

[ Edited ]

Hi, so right now on HSN they have a LG Stylo 4  (by Sprint) for a great deal!! 

It's on a pre-paid deal, but I already have Metro-Pcs....if I buy the phone could I use it on Metro Pcs?

I don't want to switch carriers or anything, b/c I've got me, my dad, and my daughter on our plan and we like M-PCS. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to answer this for me. I appreciate it. The phones that they have in the stores are so expensive so I was just curious if something like that would work? :-)

ETA: https://www.hsn.com/products/sprint-lg-stylo-4-62-hd-smartphone-with-ifrogz-earbuds/9474661

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Pre-Paid phone question

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis 

I scanned over the info for that phone on HSN and I believe that phone is locked into Sprint. So that means you won't be able to use it with other providers. 

ETA - Many times when you see phones which are priced low like that one it's a way to get you to go with the provider, in this case Sprint. Call it a 'hook'.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what Metro PCS is...never heard of it, but why don't you call them and ask?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have no idea what Metro PCS is...never heard of it, but why don't you call them and ask?

@Kachina624  I may call tomorrow to be absolutely sure, but I think @SilleeMee  is right!

@SilleeMee  Thank you for even taking the time to try and help me!! I appreciate it. I think you are right too, I was afraid it was just tied to Sprint only. Thx again

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pre-Paid phone question

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis

This Sprint phone will not run on Metro PCS. These two companies operate different networks platforms

Sprint/Verizon use CDMA and AT&T/ T-Mobile use GSM.

There are many more GSM smartphone on the market than CDMA one, because most of the world runs on GSM networks.

You should be able to find an unlocked GSM Android phone on Amazon. I would buy the phone direct from Amazon with a US warranty. 

Valued Contributor

@Nuttmeg  THANK YOU!!  Smiley Very Happy I really appreciate you taking the time to provide me that information. I had planned on calling Metro today, but now I won't need too..thank goodness as I despise calling any company really...I hate all the automated options lol

I definitely will check out the A and search for a GSM phone and see if I can find something cheap enough.

Have a good day and thx again! Smiley Happy

~ Hope in TN ~