Honored Contributor

Power Pack for an older tracfone that is AC charged

I hope I can explain this clearly. When cell phones were all charged by AC and not USB there used to be devices to use when your battery died to use like the new devices for USB phones. My boyfriend has an old LG 225 phone that he won't give up as he rarely uses it but every time he needs his phone it's not charged. Do they still have those devices or is there something that can convert the AC plug into a USB so he can use the power packs sold everywhere?

Respected Contributor

Re: Power Pack for an older tracfone that is AC charged

My cell phone is charged using AC power and it isn't old. Have you done a Google search or gone to the LG website looking for a portable charger?

Honored Contributor

I tried that and came up with nothing.

Respected Contributor

Found this on Amazon search: Wall travel charger for LG 225 (Tracfone 225). This is the exact wording.

Honored Contributor

I checked Amazon and found nothing. Thanks but it looks like it's a wall charger. I am looking for a power pack for when you have no access to a plug - like the ones they have for the USB charge phones. I was also looking for a converter that the phone could be plugged into that would then be able to be used with a USB power pack device.

Valued Contributor

I had a very old tracfone also. When the battery got really old, it wouldn't hold a charge. I didn't want to give up the phone and ended up paying quite a bit for a new battery at a local store.

Eventually, found out it was less expensive to buy the same phone off the internet to get a new battery - even if Tracfone wouldn't let me use the phone.

Super Contributor

google abt it

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the responses.

The phone and battery are fine but the problem is he doesn't bother to keep it charged and it always happens that when he is somewhere and needs his phone it's not charged and he's not even in his car to use the car charger. I am looking for something like they sold all Christmas season as a power backup device for you phones and tablets, etc. that use a USB port but for AC charging phones or a converter to make an AC charging phone into a USB one. Before all the phones used to need a plug to recharge and there were many devices that you could plug a phone into to give you extra power when the charge ran out.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like he needs to get into the habit of charging his phone. It really isn't hard to do. I doubt you find anything portable that has the connection required for his phone.

Frequent Contributor

Check Ebay. Just found a USB power adapter for my old Samsung slider for under $5.