Honored Contributor

📱Owners of iPhone 6s & 6s Plus📱

Apple offers free repairs for issue with these iPhones

Apple announced it is offering free repairs on certain iPhones that may not turn on due to a faulty component.

The issue affects iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus devices manufactured between October 2018 and August 2019, Apple said. Owners can check their serial numbers on Apple's websiteto see if they qualify for the free repair service.

Owners will be able to get the repairs through an Apple retail store, an authorized service provider or via the mail to Apple's repair center. But the company warned that other damage like a cracked screen will required paid repairs.

Anyone who believes their iPhone 6s or 6s Plus was affected by the issue and already paid for repairs can also contact Apple about getting a refund.

Apple released the iPhone 6s in 2015.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 📱Owners of iPhone 6s & 6s Plus📱

@Mz iMac   Thanks for posting this information.  One of our cell phones is a 6splus, but I have not had any problems with it not turning on.  I'll certainly keep this in mind if it becomes a future problem.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Mz iMac   Thanks for posting this information.  One of our cell phones is a 6splus, but I have not had any problems with it not turning on.  I'll certainly keep this in mind if it becomes a future problem.  

@phoenixbrd   I have and I could not imagine what caused it.  My iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 were not like that and this bugged me.  The only way I could turn it on was to plug it in the charger and it would come on.  So, I had to keep a charger with me all the time in order to turn my phone on.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   Good luck with your free fix!