Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions on iphone 8+ vs. iphone10

[ Edited ]

@Deanie wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity  That is what I am worried about too. 

Verizon!! Today only half off!! First planned buying S8 changed S8plus. Time for a new phone, I'm over the moon. Love grey shade hint purple phone case is clear enjoy seeing the color of course top screen glass protector. Happy waited for today!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  Wow, good deal. Early Christmas present.

Trusted Contributor

From the first time I saw an iphone and an ipad work, I wanted one so bad. I got my first in 2011, a birthday present. I have loved all my phones, but I recently got gifted by my sweety for our anniversary, an iphone x. It is the most amazing phone I have ever used. Everytime I pick it up and it responds immediately with face recog, I am amazed again. I think an android user would have no trouble switching to this phone. My sweety is an android lover and he showed me how to work a few things on my new phone. With no home button, it has some of the same way of doing things as an android. I think anyone considering one would love it as much as I do. :0)

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I’m only capable of navigating Apple/Mac equipment, and if there were an X+, that’s what I’d prefer. I just don’t like small sized phones AT ALL.

The camera and the sound system on the 8+ are superior to the 6+, my current phone, so I’ll be going for that.

Apple store guy told me screen size on X is same as size 6s+  

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

From the first time I saw an iphone and an ipad work, I wanted one so bad. I got my first in 2011, a birthday present. I have loved all my phones, but I recently got gifted by my sweety for our anniversary, an iphone x. It is the most amazing phone I have ever used. Everytime I pick it up and it responds immediately with face recog, I am amazed again. I think an android user would have no trouble switching to this phone. My sweety is an android lover and he showed me how to work a few things on my new phone. With no home button, it has some of the same way of doing things as an android. I think anyone considering one would love it as much as I do. :0)

Was thinking I would get the X but decided will wait till my current 6plus goes 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@violann wrote:

I’m only capable of navigating Apple/Mac equipment, and if there were an X+, that’s what I’d prefer. I just don’t like small sized phones AT ALL.

The camera and the sound system on the 8+ are superior to the 6+, my current phone, so I’ll be going for that.

Apple store guy told me screen size on X is same as size 6s+  

The X screen is actually larger than the 8 plus, but the overall size is smaller due the differences in the bezel. 

The X has a 5.8 inch screen the 8 plus is 5.5 

The 8 plus is less than 1 mm larger in length and width than the 6 and 7 plus models. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear, you are absolutely right, but HOLDING the very small phone hurts my hand.

I’ve read a rumor that if the X is as wildly successful as expected, the X+ will be introduced in a year or two, and then I will give it a try.

I’ll hopefully be getting my 8+ some time this week.

Valued Contributor

I went with the 8+ and the Apple Watch 3. I upgrade my iPhone every year and did not go with X this year primarily for price reasons but the 8+ is still a noticeable upgrade from the 7. I have thought about changing back over to Android but every time I do the Galaxy phones that I like that my friends own start having problems. I will get the upgraded version of the X next year. 

Trusted Contributor

For all those that gave me advice. Thanks. I went with an iPhone 8+ and am learning to navigate. Not adept yet, however, I am going to class next week. Beginners for iPhones. Can you believe it. Anyway, I now have this still in good condition Android. They would not take and Android on a trade. Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

The only area Android phones have points over Apple phones is in the camera category.

I have no idea why Apple has not caught up with the awesome cameras on some of the equal priced Android phones (Samsung, LG, etc). The camera is the only thing (well, maybe not the "only thing" but one of the most complained about) people complain about with an Apple phone.

One point to beware of the X is that the entire phone is made of glass. Not just the front screen with a metal backing, the whole phone including the back is glass! That seems really ridiculous to me for a $1K phone!

Many (many many) people have already broken their phones by accidently dropping them (it happens to everyone at some point) only to have the glass break. I wonder about the Apple engineers sometimes.

A GOOD thing about Apple vs Android is the app store. Anyone can get their app into the Google Play Store, so the possibility of a malware or virus app is higher.

Apple will not allow just any developer to make their apps. Their app developers are all vetted, and all apps are tested before Apple lets them into the store. Hence, you do not need mobile anti-virus on an Apple phone.

If Apple could just catch up in the camera department. With every phone they seem to only be creeping to "better", but is nowhere near the beautiful pictures Samsung phones take.